Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! replacing the window motor 1981, should it work without bolting in.

1981whitecorvette

Corvette
1981 white coupe
I got power coming out the switch with a light pole at the motor clip. I have not measured the power yet. But when I plugged the second new motor in without install it will not work. Does it ground thru the window assembly? Should it work without installing it. I'm stuck. I don't know if it a bad ground thrum the assembly or if its the switch or something totally different any help would be appreciated. This was my dads car and Im trying to restore it. Thanks

1st,welcome to CAC !!!
2nd Yes your window motor DOES have to be grounded.....
and the motor should be reversible....
you can take a wire with alligator clips on each end and find a place to ground it...
you may want to use the battery as there aren't very many places to run a ground to on the vettes.
any more questions don't hesitate to ask....
be sure to check out the L-81 registry and register your '81...

So ground it in one of the three bolt holes or where?

I got power coming out the switch with a light pole at the motor clip. I have not measured the power yet. But when I plugged the second new motor in without install it will not work. Does it ground thru the window assembly? Should it work without installing it. I'm stuck. I don't know if it a bad ground thrum the assembly or if its the switch or something totally different any help would be appreciated. This was my dads car and Im trying to restore it. Thanks

I got an alligator clip will one of the bolt holes ground it? Or where should I clip the ground?
Thanks

one of the bolt holes should work,I believe that's where it gets it ground when mounted in the car...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom