Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Revisit to tpms and bcm issues need tech to chime in

quimbo

UPDATE SO THIS ISSUE IS BACK LAST WEEK DRIVING IN HEAVY RAIN BAM TPMS AND TIRE PRESSURE IDIOT LIGHT COME ON. SO THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED I WENT TO THE DEALER BECAUSE IT HAPPENED 2 TIMES BEFORE. THE FIRST TIME I FIGURED IT WAS JUST ELECTRICAL GREMLINS. THE SECOND TIME IT HAPPENED TOOK THE CAR TO THE DEALER. THEY COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING BECAUSE THE BCM RESET ITSELF. THEY TOLD ME THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE THERE SHOULD BE SOME CODES. WELL THIS TIME I GOT ON STAR AND THEY DID A DIAGNOSIS WHILE I WAS DRIVING. HERE ARE THE CODES THEY PULLED UP. THIS IS A READ OUT FROM AN EMAIL I RECIVED FROM THE DEALER WHICH ON STAR SENT THEM Repair Services:
Tell Us More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

1ST TIME So yesterday i washed my car. Same as i have done many times before. Anyway i finish cleaning the inside after i dry the entire outside. I finish off with my usual tire dressing and the car looks great. I go to lock the car and FOB is not working. So i keep pushing the FOB no response. I go get my spare FOB same condition. Now i know it is not the batteries. So now i am conserned that the car will not start. So i get in the car and she starts. I take the car out and 2 blocks from the house i get a message on my cluster Tire Monitoring System. Then i get the flashing tire so i scroll through my settings and sure enough blank pressures. I need gas so i go to my regular gas station 3 miles away. I was hesetent about shutting down the car but i knew i and to to fill up. I fill up the car starts i get the flashing tire and TMS message. Then the TMS message disappears the flashing tire goes out. I get home and just for my curiosity i leave the FOB in the car and Bam i get the beeps letting me know i have left the FOB in the car and now the car is back to normal WTF!!!! Anyone have an answer for this strange occurrence?
Last edited by jyounger74; Today at 05:27 AM.​

Don't know what to say about the bcm issue but it sounds like your tpms is sensing that the temperature change from washing the car has changed the air pressure on the tires. I am surprised that that would happen to all the tires and I don't know why they would go blank.
Hopefully someone will chime in and have smarter answers than me.
Good luck. :w

1) Stop posting in all caps. It means you're shouting at us.

2) What model year is the car?

3) Is the TPM service light on or just the low tire pressure light.

Reply to tire pressure problem

IT'S A CORVETTE ISN'T IT?

corvette addict
my problem is(see above)

UPDATE SO THIS ISSUE IS BACK LAST WEEK DRIVING IN HEAVY RAIN BAM TPMS AND TIRE PRESSURE IDIOT LIGHT COME ON. SO THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED I WENT TO THE DEALER BECAUSE IT HAPPENED 2 TIMES BEFORE. THE FIRST TIME I FIGURED IT WAS JUST ELECTRICAL GREMLINS. THE SECOND TIME IT HAPPENED TOOK THE CAR TO THE DEALER. THEY COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING BECAUSE THE BCM RESET ITSELF. THEY TOLD ME THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE THERE SHOULD BE SOME CODES. WELL THIS TIME I GOT ON STAR AND THEY DID A DIAGNOSIS WHILE I WAS DRIVING. HERE ARE THE CODES THEY PULLED UP. THIS IS A READ OUT FROM AN EMAIL I RECIVED FROM THE DEALER WHICH ON STAR SENT THEM Repair Services:
Tell Us More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

1ST TIME So yesterday i washed my car. Same as i have done many times before. Anyway i finish cleaning the inside after i dry the entire outside. I finish off with my usual tire dressing and the car looks great. I go to lock the car and FOB is not working. So i keep pushing the FOB no response. I go get my spare FOB same condition. Now i know it is not the batteries. So now i am conserned that the car will not start. So i get in the car and she starts. I take the car out and 2 blocks from the house i get a message on my cluster Tire Monitoring System. Then i get the flashing tire so i scroll through my settings and sure enough blank pressures. I need gas so i go to my regular gas station 3 miles away. I was hesetent about shutting down the car but i knew i and to to fill up. I fill up the car starts i get the flashing tire and TMS message. Then the TMS message disappears the flashing tire goes out. I get home and just for my curiosity i leave the FOB in the car and Bam i get the beeps letting me know i have left the FOB in the car and now the car is back to normal WTF!!!! Anyone have an answer for this strange occurrence?
Last edited by jyounger74; Today at 05:27 AM.​
[/QUOTE]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom