Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rim Question

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Ok I have 38mm spaced 16x9.5 rims on all four corners...

Now Im looking at a few different rims and so Ive got rim from 17"-20"

I really really need to know the sizes of the new tires for

and 20 inch rims so I can make an economical decision but also a flashy one.

Can someone PLEASE help me figure this out my suppliers are dummys...seriously.

Can't help with 18-20" rims (20's are too rice for me IMHO!!) but 17 inch wheels are available from AFS Wheels in a 17x9.5 with a 38mm offset and will bolt on and sit properly in the wheelwell. You can also get a 17x11 for the rear.

Use either a 275/40-17 or 285/40-17 for teh 9.5" wide wheel or the 11" wide wheel can take a 315/35-17 or you can go to a 335/35-17.

You could use wheels and tires from a C5 which gives you a 17" in the front and an 18" in the rear. Not sure of the stock tire sizes on a C5 but the width is similar to the 9-9.5" wide tires on C4's. You would probably need adapters to get the wheels to sit correctly in the wheelwells. Most later C4 and C5 wheels have a 56mm offset and these wheels will sit about 1" further inside the wheelwell.

Check out AFS Wheels at wwwafswheels.com and go to"Wheels" then Corvette, then 84-87 Corvette.

The Tire Rack has some good details about tire sizing (tread width, section width, diameter, revs per mile, etc) for any given size by tire brand. www.tirerack.com

Thanks thats kinda what I needed to know.

I know about the AFS wheels but Im going to go away from "corvette" hopefully and try something more personal.

Im looking at a Falken Koblenz (spell checker) rim and the offset I think they are offering is a 32-38 so I think it'll go but they also are 19" size which I wouldn't mind to much.

If not I'll probably go with 18" from HvyDeez (intro)

Right now I thought it over and Ive already ordered Falken 512 tires (255-50-R16) for now and Im going to refinish the Prime wheels I have that way I'll have a GOOD looking spare set for racing or whatever.

No sense throwing away my old rims really is my thinking but they are going to cost me 190$ per wheel to refinish (CND funds) which isn't to bad.

Hey BigRed, I have been looking for custom rims for quite some time now and I thought I would ask you where I might go online and see some. Can you help? I currently have gold Enkies (16in.) which I plan on selling, if you know someone interested.
Thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom