Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Rocker Panel Restoration

wmars

Corvette
1981 Black/Camel Leather
Driving a black 81 and loving it!!!!! :cool:cool:cool:cool

Doing a little restoration.....refinished the inside with new carpeting and a complete dye job this spring. Moving from the inside to the outside and then the engine compartment.

The rocker panels were in bad shape all scuffed up and the silver was shining through. What a pain in the Ass getting those screws out...had to cut most of them out with my dremel.....

Just finished putting a few flat black coats on it...think thats what its supposed to be...and wondering if I should spray some kind of a clear satin sealer on it or something........any suggestions?

Also need some suggestions as to putting these back on. Saw this screw set at Ecklers for 39 bucks.......any other suggestions besides that? Should I drill out and use bolts with lock washers on the back?

Thanks for reading and commenting. Suggestions are always welcome and appreciated.

:cool:cool:cool

There wasen't any link in your post about the screw set but this might be what you're talking about. I had the same problem breaking off the studs that the rockers bolt to so I replaced them with these. It worked fine, takes a little fiddling sometimes to get the new brass part in the exact location but after that, no problems. Make sure you drill the holes to the diameter they say.

link didin't work. Go here and querry "Rocker Repair"

http://www.corvettecentral.com/

ROCKER MOULDING MOUNT REPAIR KIT

yb.dll

Nope, not a flat black. More of a satin or semi-gloss. I went with a flex trim paint that is able to withstand the changes in the environment.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom