Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Roger Penske New owner for the Saturn line !

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
On the news this afternoon was an item of interest. Roger Penske, of the winner of this years Indy 500, announced today that he is buying the entire Saturn auto line. He is giving a new contract to the 350 dealers across the country. The Saturn assembly line will continue till 2010, then it will change hands. Roger Penske is a local hero here in Pennsylvania. his very first dealership was in West Philly and the current Penske Chevrolet is in King of Prussia, PA just outside of Philly. Although the Penske auto line up is mostly down in Florida. He has been racing for the last thirty years with most all major racing teams. ;)

Crap ,I asked 6 shooter if he wanted to buy it with me.He turned me down.

Good for Penske and I hope he does well :D

I think it's great. I'm very glad it didn't go to another China company. I hope someone steps up for Pontiac.

Hecox

GM should have sold Penske the Corvette portfolio, too. We'd been a lot better off with Penske making the car rather than the government-sponsored jobs program that GM now is.

GM should have sold Penske the Corvette portfolio, too. We'd been a lot better off with Penske making the car rather than the government-sponsored jobs program that GM now is.

There's a lot of truth in that statment Hib, I was optimistic awile back, but as I see it today, the bean counters are poised to take control. And that is a very old nemesis in the Corvette legend spanning five decades ! And I think we all know what happens to a Corvette when it's feed into a calculator ?;help

Same goes for Pontiac. Saturn/Pontiac would have been awesome!

Roger Penske is an outstanding businessman. There are very few people that have the "midas touch." (Ely Callaway would be another one.) Penske has a lot of yellow trucks on Americas highways as you read this. Not only is Roger a gifted businessman, but he's also a car enthusiast. This is of the utmost importance. As stated earlier in this thread, some see the "gov't idiots" playing with "bean counters" to produce a car that once was preferable to a SKODA soon to be parrallel to one. Be it Saturn, Pontiac, Corvette or any other car, quality should not be allowed to slip as it does everytime the Gov't gets involved. Remember: the Gov't is designed to give jobs to those who can't hack it in the private sector.

I see the Saturn line improving with Penske at the helm.:thumb

It's too bad Saturn never produced this concept Vue. Maybe it will get dusted off under Penske.
0606_2006_saturn_prevue

0605_2007_saturn_prevue

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom