Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rotors?

nope, but the deal looks good...for the price its worth taking a chance. Throw some ceramic pads on those rotors and you;re race ready !

Don't buy them.
They will crack between the drilled holes and flex to the point your car won't stop, the base rotor is a Duralast rotor which isn't designed to be drilled.
Cheap rotors, if you want holes in your rotors buy a brand like Baer Decelarotor Brake Rotors ~$200
Normally I don't give such good information to C4 spoiler cars but I felt compelled. :boogie

duralst is a $20 rotor....how can you be certain that is who supplies this company? Their ad reads as if they take blanks and do all the machine work & plating.
The only tattletale that I see is the price....too good to be true?

Here’s what they say on the FAQ site.

What is the warranty for the pads and rotors?

Brakemotive rotors and pads have a 120 day warranty against workmanship defects. Brakemotive rotors have a 1 year warranty against cracking when purchased with Power Stop brake pads. Warranty is valid from the date of purchase provided that the product has not been subject to abuse or misuse in its use or installation, or has not been subject to modification or alteration. Products must be installed per the manufacturer's instructions. Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by negligence, lack of maintenance, abnormal operation, track racing, off-road use, or improper installation. The warranty is non-transferable. All warranty claims require a proof of purchase, and an RGA is required from Brakemotive for the return. Customer will be responsible for return shipping cost. Compensation for any warranty claim will be either store credit or replacement of a product of equal value. No additional fees for installation or any other cost will be reimbursed with warranty claim. Only one warranty claim is allowed per customer. Brakemotive neither makes nor implies any other warranty as to suitability for purpose other than expressly warranted here and is not liable for any form of consequential damage losses or cost.

Where are the rotors made?

Hi, the rotor castings come from China. The foundries are ISO9000 certified and the metallurgy conforms to G3000 iron specifications. There are no more US foundries or US manufacturing for aftermarket rotors, e.g. Raybestos, Wagner, etc. We use the same foundries as Brembo. The rotors are machined to OE dimensions for easy bolt-on installation. Power Stop machines the rotors in Chicago. We appreciate your order. After you have had a chance to enjoy Power Stop brake performance, please give us your 5 star feedback rating.

That is a killer price for 4 rotors. If they are as picture indicates, the drilled holes have been beveled which will reduce the chance of cracking. Unless you're going to be taking the car to the track, I doubt you'd get them hot enough to crack anyway. At that price it seems worth a shot.

Not planning on going to a track, it’s just a daily driver. Not sure I want to take a chance with rotors that no one has any history on. The price is right but I can get good rotors at a place called Brake Equipment Supply in Minneapolis that I have always had good luck with for about the same price. They won’t be drilled and slotted but then I probably don’t need them to be. These would just look good on the car.

Duralast rotors I've used were not zinc-dichromate plated. I've actually had great luck with low end rotors from AZ and Napa for street use. All lasted longer than original rotors that came on new car purchased from Ford or GM. I'm not a fan of drilled/sloted rotors for street cars, but I live in Upstate NY. My brother purchased a complete set of low cost drilled rotors on e-bay for his GMC SUV over a year ago and is still happy with them.

Thanks TedC, more then likely there are the same rotors I’m looking at. Maybe I’ll give them a shot? Can’t beat the price…
If I do try them I’ll let you all know what I think of them after a little use.

I have a set of these purchased from the same Ebay seller, the only difference is that mine has the larger J55 front rotors, I purchased a package that included ceramic pads.
Like you I hesitated because the price seems too good to be true, but I am very happy with the product, the car stops smoothly and noticeably better, I do not use the car on the track, strictly a stoplight warrior.:thumb

Thanks toptechx6, on that note I’ll give them a try. :upthumbs I too found the set with pads for $189 :cool Like I said you can’t beat the price. Happy Motoring!!!! :w

Thanks toptechx6, on that note I’ll give them a try. :upthumbs I too found the set with pads for $189 :cool Like I said you can’t beat the price. Happy Motoring!!!! :w

I think you will be happy with the decision, if I recall correctly the warranty on the rotors is extended if they are installed in combination with the pads. I look forward to hearing your feedback once they are installed and I'm sure other members would as well.

I don't race, etc, but I would definitely fall into the spirited category. I am not sure of the eBay seller I went with before, but it was the same type of deal: 4 rotors, zinc coated, etc. The brake pads out lasted the cracked eBay-rotors. I had them on for about 20K miles, and 3/4 were cracked.

Rotors should deliver today, I'll let you know what I think of them.

If I can get 20k miles out of them I'm fine with that. I don't even get that many miles out of a rotor on my Cadillac STS. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom