Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Run in with a Z06

90 Corvette ZR-1

Corvette
90 Red ZR-1
This was merging onto the interstate after an all corvette show we both attended. Normally this would have been a 2nd or 3rd gear start but due to slow trafic on the interstate I was merging on to I had to go from first. Now onto the story.

Coming onto the on ramp I see a yellow C5 behind me, at this poing I don't know its a Z06. Im waiting to merge into trafic and damn it I can't make it in front of the cars on the road already. Im in 3rd, down to second, then down to first. First gear at about 3500 rpm's WOT, merging no problem now look back the C5 is still there! Now this hasn't happened before, nail second now he should be loosing ground, well he is but not by much. WTF! Nail third for a few seconds and let off, as he is finally starting to loose ground on me.
This HAS to be a Z06 I think, but Im not sure. He follows me untill I get off then he is at the toll both behind me, now I am 99% sure its a Z06 but still not sure. We get onto Route 8 and he finally passes me at a light. Honk of the horn and a wave later I am now 100% sure that it was a Z06. Im happy with how my little old 1990 Chevy has held up agaist the two big bad Z06's that I've come up against. Won both "races" with them.

Wow that was kind of a long post.

That is what I expected you to do!

Never underestimate the power of the Beast!:BOW

bah, he was probably weighted down by two golf club bags...

:upthumbs and people discount c4s these days. Long live the king of the hill.

had my own run in with a z06 about a month ago at the dragstrip. We were waiting in the staging lanes and I see this guy next to me in a 2003 Z06.;worship Well I go over to talk to him, and I must not have been good enough for him in a merely mortal LT1. I tried a few times to start up a conversation but he was acting like a real tool. Well I figure I'll chat with a few of the other guys around and leave him alone to bask in the brilliance of his Z06. Well as it happens we get up to the line and who is next to me but the same knob in the Z06. Well I figure I don't have anuthing to lose...The tree turns green we launch, he starts spinning and I pull ahead.. :Steer ..he gets traction and passes me, then blows his shift... I pass him and at the 1/8 mile I'm six tenths ahead...meanwhile he's back on track and gaining quick... we get to the 1/4 and I edge him by 0.020. :dance Another 50 ft and he would have passed me again. It just goes to show you, it doesn't matter what you are driving if you don't know how to drive it.
By the way I did wave while he was flying back down the return track at 50 or 60 mph. :(

Z06

I was at a stop light next to a red Z06 i wanted to racem just to see how fast it really went. I started revvin it up in neutral. Then when it turned green off I went and the guy didnt even try to race what a wimp huh! Got all that power and wont even use it!

Hey "90 Corvette ZR-1" have you had any experiences with a Grand Sport on the highway? b/c when I get out of school in a year I am going to get either a Grand Sport or (more likely) a 90 ZR-1. I have asked the chevy mechanic that has worked on my car and he swears by the 90 ZR-1 as being "a beast on the highway." Please confirm or add to this. Thanks.
:D

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
169 views and only 2 response? Come on guys.

should of posted this in the Road Kill Cafe and you'd probably would of got more hits.

BTW good Kill! for some reason most Z06 guys don't get on them hardly at all. even more so the C5 guys. (when i say "guys" i guess i am steriotyping meaning 50 and ^) but i agree why buy a car and never use it?

I figured I would post this here for my ZR-1 brethren to share. I don't visit the road kill section much.

JTB:

I have never raced a GS before but I can share with you what I have seen before. While at the Gathering I have seen/played around with a few GS's. On the drag stip the ZR-1 will take the win light. I would assume that the GS will not take the ZR-1 on the high way, since that is more of a ZR-1 type run. With all that being said I want to make sure I make this clear, I am not saying that the ZR-1 is better then the GS or that the GS is better then a ZR-1. I plan to own a nice GS Coupe one day, red interior, adjustable suspension, the whole 9.

90 Corvette ZR-1: Very well put. I have the utmost respect for both cars. I really love the fact that they made only 1,000 Grand Sports. In fact, look at this beauty: http://www.rogerscorvette.com/car.php?CarID=1330&PHPSESSID=afae5a2a0e2d90e215343cc42ccb2589

Now if only the wife will let me buy a 90 Z AND a 96 GS. Of course the Lingenfelter 427 TT is always on the dream list:eek But I guess for now the closest I will get to the ZR-1 is by putting the rims on my '84:eyerole

Great looking car, but I would never buy it. Too low of milage

Re: Z06

atmmac said:
I was at a stop light next to a red Z06 i wanted to racem just to see how fast it really went. I started revvin it up in neutral. Then when it turned green off I went and the guy didnt even try to race what a wimp huh! Got all that power and wont even use it!

I had a 2002 Z06 and I always had guys in this town reving at me hell I still get it in my ZR-1 I will not risk my car for no one...

give the guy some points he didnt race you on the street!

Only reason I dont race on the street is because of the law im not some wimp who is worried about it, I do open up my cars but I dont jump at every car that reves at me!

I hope you dont do it in your vette just because someone reves at you?:Buttslap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom