Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Scratched Glass T Tops

R

rbell@idtfla.com

I am hoping that someone out there has a secret that they can share with me. I just found a set of Glass Tops from a 78 in a Garage Sale last week. I was able to pick them up pretty cheap, like next to nothing. The rubber is bad which is no big deal but when I cleaned them up there are some scratches on the top of both of them. They are not so bad that I cannot use them but I would sure like a way to polish them out or something?

I beckon the experts on this. Any help appreciated. ;help

Bob

Clay bar might get some of the scratches out. I've seen glass polishing kits advertised which also might help. Do the Google thing and see what you find.

:)

If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail you more than likley won't be able to remove them.If you can't, they can be polished out.Another thing you can do is take them to a glass shop and see what they think.They have some stuff that can take out rock chips and you can't tell.Maybe something like that.Good luck.:beer

Are these the smoked-glass T-Tops? (Mirror finish on top)
If so, you can't get rid of those scratches as far as I'm aware because you've actually scratched through the tint coating.

If they are just straight glass tops, then yeah, depending on how deep the scratches are, they can likely be buffed out with a fair amount of effort and a good collection of polishers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom