Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: "Sealed Battery"

MikeyK

Corvette
1996 Torch Red Coupe 1973 Classic white coupe
Been researching what would be the best of the best batteries for my C4, seems the Odyssey is high on the list, not wanting to drive 100+ miles to get one and for some strange reason I looked at Sears Diehard, and they now offer the DieHard- Automotive Battery, Platinum P-3 - Group Size 75/86DT which is made by the company that makes the Odyssey, my question to all, has anyone purchased one or know
the track record of these ?

the best batteries for my C4, seems the Odyssey is high on the list, not wanting to drive 100+ miles to get one and for some strange reason
Is the Odyssey shippable?

Sears taught me not to trust them or their automotive products and services, long ago. Maybe they're better, now.

Glad to see no mention of the 'red top'; details posted elsewhere. :w

Sears

Is the Odyssey shippable?

Sears taught me not to trust them or their automotive products and services, long ago. Maybe they're better, now.

Glad to see no mention of the 'red top'; details posted elsewhere. :w

All the auto parts people I have dealt with in the past never heard of
a Odyssey battery, and have told me that they have very few red-tops
returned for the amount they sell, and the ones that came back were
slowly recharged and checked out OK. Diehard was a good battery in
the old days, but like everything with a Sears name on it is made by
someone else, and it is hard to keep up with who makes what. This
new Diehard is $214. and it comes with a 4 year exchange and
is made by Enersys, here is an article on them if you are interested:
Odyssey battery « Batteries | Compare Reviews and Trusted Advice from Battery Experts

I've had a RedTop in my C5 since April 09. It will start after 3 weeks sitting. Now that being said, the Diehard platinum has gotten good reviews from the RVers. When the BlueTop in my camper gets replaced, it will be a Diehard Platinum. Only because I can get a Diehard with more reserve capacity.

Mark

Going with the Red Top

I've had a RedTop in my C5 since April 09. It will start after 3 weeks sitting. Now that being said, the Diehard platinum has gotten good reviews from the RVers. When the BlueTop in my camper gets replaced, it will be a Diehard Platinum. Only because I can get a Diehard with more reserve capacity.

Mark

Enough said, I'm going with the Red Top, $169.99 before they honor the 25% battery discount offered on-line, just print it out and go a short distance to Advance Auto Parts, and if it goes bad in the next 3 years
they will replace it...Thanks for your input.

I'm going with the Red Top
Good luck to you. I have had three fail on me, in two vehicles with absolutely none, to crappy support from Optima. Then, a local, excellent electrical shop told me they stopped selling them due to poor quality.

TRULY.. Good luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom