Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat belt loop/anchor

L48

In my 75 coupe the seat belt is connected to the b pillar by a short piece of seat belt material. This piece has a triangular piece of metal on one end and metal loop on the other end.

I need one of these for the passenger side, as it is missing on my car. This part is permanently attached to the seat belt assembly. If you have this part, or an entire assembly where the retractor is shot, I am interested.

Not sure if it is the same as '74. I will have to look... but I have a set of belts with everything.

74bigblock said:
Not sure if it is the same as '74. I will have to look... but I have a set of belts with everything.
When you get to checking, see if it has a retractor in the back, one on the floor under the seat, a single buckle that both the lap and shoulder belt are attached to, and the loop/anshor on the shoulder belt?
Are these parts only or are they in working condition and what is the color?

Thanks

L48 said:
When you get to checking, see if it has a retractor in the back, one on the floor under the seat, a single buckle that both the lap and shoulder belt are attached to, and the loop/anshor on the shoulder belt?
Are these parts only or are they in working condition and what is the color?

Thanks

If memory serves... there is a retractor underneath to a bracket next to the door sill... that goes up to the loob/anchor above the shoulder, which goes back to the shoulder retractor.

They are working assemblies.... but not very well. The webbing is black, and in medeocre shape with some fading, but still structurally sound.

74bigblock said:
If memory serves... there is a retractor underneath to a bracket next to the door sill... that goes up to the loob/anchor above the shoulder, which goes back to the shoulder retractor.

They are working assemblies.... but not very well. The webbing is black, and in medeocre shape with some fading, but still structurally sound.
This sounds the same as mine. Black/faded will work fine.

Maybe I can get lucky and get them to a point where the retractors are working well (I will assume I can't). If not then I can always take the part I need off one and install it on a 4th gen Camaro belt like I did for the driver side.

Just a quick side note guys, you can dye the belts etc with the colour dye from either Corvette America or Mid Motorworks! If you want another colour, or just to un-fade the black!

:beer

I Have a set of dark blue out of my 75 that are in good shape
if you or anybody needs them.:beer The lap belt retractors are
junk but the sholder belts & retractors are real good

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom