Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat Tracks

Corvette
1970 LS5 Coupe
Hi all,

I've ran into some trouble on the first step of my interior restoration. I removed my rusted seat tracks from the seats for some sanding and painting. However, I can't seem to disassemble the track itself. I've looked at it with a trouble light, but can't seem to find what I need to do to separate the main two pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Vince

C5d is correct the seat adjuster tracks do not come apart easily.
They were assembled at the factory and consist of an upper channel which rides on two ball&guide/roller assemblys on a lower channel. Some have rivets which keep the assembly from coming apart and some have "dimples" in the channel. They are assembled by machine. I worked for GM in Trenton and seat adjusters were our bread and butter there. Lubriplate was used to lube the assembly.
I would not recommend taking them apart, but try to remove as much rust as possible and relube.
The only parts that were painted were what showed and most of them were phosphated.
Craig sr

I thought this might be the case...

At least I know for sure now, I'll do the best I can with it together then, I think they'll still turn out just fine.

Happy New Year,

Vince

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom