Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Second Time Around

61 Silver

Corvette
1961 270HP and 1963 340HP
It's Painted!

The 63 was re-painted today. A week of drying and it will be ready to wet sand and buff out!

The intake has been repaired and re-skinned. I will post some pictures as soon as it arrives.

Ray
DSC00907.JPG

Hi Ray,
Glad to hear you got her repainted. I'm sure she will be stunning when you get her all wet sanded and buffed!

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! Larry

It is getting impossible to find a good solid axle project car at a fair price, it seems like the investors are driving the prices way up. I guess I will clean up the tools and put them away and just enjoy the cars I have. I still need to complete the 63 and work the bugs out. I have a repair seem showing through a fender on the 61 that needs to be corrected. I also need to install the new Al Knoch top that I purchased at Carlisle last summer.

Have you planned your next project?

Ray

Ray, the 63 is looking real nice, looking forward for the end results! :upthumbs
Nice choice in color. :)

61 Silver said:

Ray

I am really contenplating a Midyear with a SR111 chassis to replace my 66. I am also looking for a 1969 Dodge dart swinger 340 with bench seat and a 4 speed There is a mopar show coming up in July at the carlilse fair grounds if I dont find the dart I may purchase a 66 vette roadster to get started on

Thanks to all for the compliments on the 63. This has been the hardest of the three restoration projects that I have worked on. With this project you take one step forward and two steps back. I am looking forward to the first test drive or after break-in drive. It seemed like the 65 327hp 250hp had a little more low end torque than the 61 283 270 hp, even though the 65 had 3:06 gears and the 61 has 3:70 gears. I have been curious how the 327ci 340hp with 3:55 gears will preform. Hopefully a few more weeks and I will be able to find out the results!

Ray

PS: If anyone comes across a good solid axel project let me know!

Thanks for all the help/advise the CAC members have provided with my projects!

IH2LOSE said:
I am really contenplating a Midyear with a SR111 chassis to replace my 66. I am also looking for a 1969 Dodge dart swinger 340 with bench seat and a 4 speed There is a mopar show coming up in July at the carlilse fair grounds if I dont find the dart I may purchase a 66 vette roadster to get started on

Looking forward to following your next project! I think it would be neat to follow a project from the purchase to the first drive.

Good luck!
Ray

Dang it I admire your work.
The Mopar you are looking for is in a junk yard in North Louisiana. Bubba Lawarnce and Benton Nail flipped it on the way home from Fr. Polk just after Bubba's daddy bought it for him....
How do I know? I was asleep in the backseat.

61 Silver said:
Hi! Larry

I also need to install the new Al Knoch top that I purchased at Carlisle last summer.

Ray

Hi Ray,
I did an Al Knoch soft top on the 61. It came out real nice, but I just made it by the skin of my teeth over the back plexi window where the two seams meet and get stapled to the cross bow. You want to be real careful to get a good fit with everything latched down before any final trimming is done.

studiog said:
Hi Ray,
I did an Al Knoch soft top on the 61. It came out real nice, but I just made it by the skin of my teeth over the back plexi window where the two seams meet and get stapled to the cross bow. You want to be real careful to get a good fit with everything latched down before any final trimming is done.

I would question them on this as when my top was done the upostry guy was saying he had to call them as there wasnt enough material to set the bows as they described in the instruction sheet.

I thin he had to split the differance some how

SPANISHVETTS said:
Dang it I admire your work.
The Mopar you are looking for is in a junk yard in North Louisiana. Bubba Lawarnce and Benton Nail flipped it on the way home from Fr. Polk just after Bubba's daddy bought it for him....
How do I know? I was asleep in the backseat.

I am going to this show in hopes of finding a completly done car. Funny but since I have owned vettes I am not too keen on working on metal cars any more. I think back to all of the patch panels I have welded on to cars

Gary & Larry

Thanks for the heads up on the top! I did the top on the 65 and had the same type of problem. The 65 top was real tight and even pulled a few threads loose where the the top meets the doors.(next to the window).

Ray

Quick picture

Windows are in!

DSC00919.JPG

Update:

Quick Update: the intake was received yesterday from the restoration shop and it looks great! Camaro Hi-Performance did a great job. I hope to have it installed and the engine running by next week.

DSC00925.JPG

I have the car sanded and have started to buff out the finish. It was well worth the time and money, If everything stays the course this should be my best paint work ever.

DSC00923.JPG

Ray

61 Silver said:
Quick Update: the intake was received yesterday from the restoration shop and it looks great! Camaro Hi-Performance did a great job. I hope to have it installed and the engine running by next week.

DSC00925.JPG

I have the car sanded and have started to buff out the finish. It was well worth the time and money, If everything stays the course this should be my best paint work ever.

DSC00923.JPG

Ray

keep us posted :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom