Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Sept. 2005) Site update – a quick note from your Callaway Moderator

*89x2*

Fellow Callaway Owners & Enthusiasts – I wanted to take a few minutes and update everyone on a few items that might be of interest here…

Following up on another GREAT summer of shows, our annual Callaways @ Carlisle show was something great for yet again, another AWESOME year!
cog.gif

We had close to 20 different cars in & out throughout the weekend and even more owners who came to the show, but without their cars. Some owners had came by and thought there wasn’t enough room for all of them and parked over a few rows – next year, we’ll leave a bigger isle for ingress & egress… :cool

Seeing all the different Callaway Corvettes was AMAZING! From the 1987 B2K Corvettes dating back to the 3rd one made, right through the latest Callaway C6’s, we had it ALL – B2K’s, SuperNaturals, Power Group C5’s - I think this may have been the widest variety to date!

Fun was had throughout the weekend w/ the Friday night dinner & the Turbo Joe Creeper Challenge held afterwards – congrat’s to the new duo-champions of Ron & Joe M. from Long Is. NY – way to go!

Sat night, we LED the Carlisle parade with a great turnout – another amazing site – should we do this again next year folks??????

Awards –

Congrat’s to Callaway4Fun and his award @ the show, along w/ Big John’s LM, and the Flocks GS – always cool to see Callaways recognized!
cog.gif

We as a group raised $700.00 for donation to the Chip Miller Charitable Foundation through the sale of the red shirts and the raffle of the Dana Forrester print – A sincere thank you to all who participated in one, or both of the awareness rallies!

Callaway C6 Z06

That’s right folks – Callaway Cars took delivery of their first (C6)Z06 for research and development work today! It is an early car (in the 700’s) and is Callaway Silver (of course) w/ the red accented trim inside – We look forward to following the development of this car, just as we had the good fortune of doing with the C5 Z06 and C6 Power Groups / SuperNaturals. :upthumbs

Events:

Callaway Cars is loading up their truck and trailer and heading south for the weekend!

Virginia Motorsports Park is playing host to the “Vettes at the Park” Corvette show NEXT Sat, Oct. 8th and 9th. The show schedule is listed here: Vette Show Info

Callaway Cars should have their new C6 Z06 there, along w/ the Power Group (2003) Z06 and some additional cars too –

I am heading down for this show and hope to see others there too – At the event, I am taking re-delivery of our “new” 1989 Twin Turbo and plan to run it in the various speed events planned for the show – FUN!

More event info can be found here: <A href="http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73667" target=_blank>Event thread

If you have an event in mind you would like to see listed, drop me an e-mail
Looking for a Callaway Car?

Look no further than here:

Callaways for sale thread At the request of some Owners, a separate thread has been created just for cars for sale – while a few growing pains we experienced, it has been said to be beneficial to keep it focused and within a single thread as it sits (currently). Take a look – as always, if you have an idea, we’d love to get your feedback! :cool

Speaking of threads, Over 1,700 threads have been created since the beginning of the Callaway Forum in (early) 2002 :eek with over 16,300 individual responses logged to your Callaway questions and comments – Please remember that YOU are the key to the success of these forums and without your participation, it is just sits idle – What an amazing tool that it has been!
We may be getting close to answering all the questions there are – however, more and more keeps coming to surface. Whether it is production info, racing history , trivia, or a mechanical question, it is awesome to see the help and resourcefulness of the owners here – FIRST - CLASS!
cog.gif

As we wind down 2005, is there anything you would like to see for 2006??

Keep in mind that as owners, you have a vested interest in this and as always, I hope to hear your feedback to make for a more rounded group and events. :cool :v

As far as what I have thought about in 2006, Carlisle of course – and I am working on a deal that if it comes through, well – I don’t want to ruin the surprise (or jinx anything)…

…stay tuned ;)

I hope you enjoy your forum as much as I do :m Chris
cog.gif

Hey Chris How about a New Callaway of the month. The first week of Oct is here and nothing new What gives .The Callaway Fans are waiting to see what you have for this month. Pete

Pete, thanks for the friendly reminder :upthumbs

Is it the begining of the month already?? :confused WOW! Times a flyin' :eek

Seriously, I have something in the works however, my one daughter has been up most nights this week w/ a high fever :(
That, and I was up at 1/4 'till 4 and on the job shortly after - I will hopefully have something soon though.

In the meantime, do you have any Callaways in mind that you would like to see featured??

Thanks for your participation, patience, and enthusiasum for the site! :m C.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom