Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Service ASR help

Vettenut72

Corvette
72 454 Coupe 92 Convert
I have a 92 6 speed convertible with the following issue. It has a H64 code in section 9 (A-G connectors shorted) and the Service ASR light is on. So I cleared all the codes and the light never went out and the H64 is back. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joel

72 454 4spd
92 Convt with side pipes

H64 in module 9 is a TPS error? Thottle Position Sensor error???

The H means that it isn't currently happening, but it did happen. Which could mean that it's only happening while you are driving.

If I recall correctly... you might try topping off the brake fluid. It may look full, just add a bit more. See if that helps.

Are there any driveability issues?

No real drivability issues. Brake fluid is topped off. Going to check the voltage on the TPS as soon as I get a chance. Only the Traction control does not seem to work, is this a real problem? NOT! The real problem is the light on the DIC staying on and why I can't solve the real problem. Might pull the bulb as a last resort. BTW, milage has not dropped except when the right foot goes down to quickly! :)

5 Volts in, nothing across the other two. Sounds like a dead TPS. So now the next question, does this interface with the fuel management system or only the ASR?

Thanks,
Joel

It is integrated with the ASR because of the throttle control, so the CPU can tell how much throttle it needs to remove to stop wheel spin.

Replace the TPS and that will hopefully take care of your problem. It should fix the ASR as well.

Good luck,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom