Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shark Bar II - Sneak Preview

S

Scott81

Well here's a sneak preview of the new Shark Bar II for 78-82 Corvettes. I'd like to thank vettedan for putting up with my asking when it would be ready, so THANKS DAN! I installed the new bar last Thursday so I could mount my video camera and drive to OctoberVettes on Friday and Dan was kind enough to rush the first one out to me on the condition I take plenty of pictures for his installation instructions.

The install is very easy, TAKE THE SEATS OUT, I can't stress that enough, there is no room to work with the seats in the way. All I can say is this bar is awesome! It came packed to survive a nuclear attack and the fit was perfect when I installed it, the powder coating was smooth as a babies bottom. :D

I saved a few bucks buying the G-Force 3" belts ($60) from JEG's over the Simpson belts ($90), so if you are buying belts get 5 point individual belts.

I looked around at harness bars for the C4's and C5's and they were more costly, so do I think this one is worth the price? YES. Do I like the way the bar installed and looks? YES. I liked the kit so much I called Dan up and told him to ship me off brackets for the passenger side including the fire extinguisher w/mount.

I got plenty of comments on the harness bar at OctoberVettes so get your order in now before you have to wait. In fact as I pulled into the show it took over an hour for me to get away from my car and people asking questions about the bar....and the JCL baffles. My last comments will be, if you've wanted to put wide belts or a video camera in your car then get the Shark Bar I or II and support a C3 vendor.
Shark Bar II

Thanks Ken! Another cool toy for the money pit :D Carpet is next on the list of things to buy, 20+ year old carpet looks terrible.

That bar is awesome. It fits like it belongs there, and looks better than any other bar like that I have ever seen.

I snapped some pics of it as well, because I really like the camera mount and the way the belts attach.

I did not realize how new of an addition that was, or I too would have taken some of your valuable time to ask a hundred questions.

Thanks Chris! I was lucky enough to bug Dan until he finally sent me the first one so I could take pictures for his instructions. What's nice about the bar is that it bolts to all stock holes, no mods required, it's easily removable (or you can just remove the center bar), and you can use the stock seatbelts too if you want. The camera mount works well, it would be much better with a stock hood, the L-88 hood takes up a lot of windshield space and the mount isn't cheap at $80 but that's billet aluminum for you.

The bar won't do you any good as they don't fit convertibles unfortunately, and Dan is a one man operation so I don't think he has plans to build 6 different variations. You'll just have to get another Shark so you can get a bar :D :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom