Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Shipping your car

mlazinski

Corvette
1975 Silver Coupe
I am looking to ship my 75 vette from Chicago to Florida in the next couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone has experience in this, and could give any recommendations on companies or tips for this to go smoothly. Enclosed vs. open? Anything else I have not thought of? Thanks in advance.

Enclosed shipping is the best but the cost is almost double. So would depend upon your car. I would check with a couple of speciality car (corvette) dealers in your area to see who they use.

tom...

Check out the "Portal" at the top of the page, then click on Storage and Transport ;)

Bud

Shipping

I recently shipped from Wisconsin to CA. Used Advantage Auto transport, but after 23 days and still no word on when they would get my car on a transport I cancelled and went with Dependable Auto Shippers. Price was decent with insurance included, but my radio was stolen out of vehicle in transport. Still dealing with the claim. Good Luck.

Have used Exotic Transport many times with great results. They use enclosed trucks with lift gate loading for safety. They have some of the most competetive rates and treat you and your car with high quality standards.

Jack

I have used Passport transport..Fair price, enclosed and it is part of federal express.....www.passporttransport.com Car arrived on the exact date I was quoted.

Andy

jack volkert said:
Have used Exotic Transport many times with great results. They use enclosed trucks with lift gate loading for safety. They have some of the most competetive rates and treat you and your car with high quality standards.

Jack

I used "Dependable Auto Shippers." They were very professional, and the car was shipped w/out issues. I would recommend spending the extra $100.00 or so to make sure your car is shipped on the top row of the carrier. They are not responsible if a car on the top row leaks fluids on your car if your car is shipped on the bottom row.
By the way, these carriers are enclosed, eliminating the worry of stone chips or damage from road debris.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use a "broker" - they'll send whoever they can find who's handy and makes them the best profit deal; you don't want your car to end up with Ronnie Redneck and his Rusty Rig.:eyerole

I've always used the best in the field (Reliable, Intercity, Horseless Carriage, and Passport [now FedEx CustomCritical]), and have never had a problem with any of them - they're all 100% professional enclosed carriers.
:beer

I used Exotic Car Transport out of Florida a few years ago. It DID take a while to get my car on as it was in May and the "snowbirds" were heading back north. Great service and reasonal price. Delivered to my driveway. I'd suggest you act fast tho. Lot of rich folk will be heading down thataways pretty soon! Mike

JohnZ said:
Whatever you do, DO NOT use a "broker" - they'll send whoever they can find who's handy and makes them the best profit deal; you don't want your car to end up with Ronnie Redneck and his Rusty Rig.:eyerole

I've always used the best in the field (Reliable, Intercity, Horseless Carriage, and Passport [now FedEx CustomCritical]), and have never had a problem with any of them - they're all 100% professional enclosed carriers.
:beer
Come'on John I use Ronnie all the Time!! He haul's from San Antonio to me 10 at a time and he has not scratched one yet!! :D junk!!

If the car is an unbelievable #1 car or newly painted you may want to consider enclosed. I had my 71 shipped from Chicago to NJ with a regular trailer since it was considered a "driver" quality paint. Costs are substantially less and I would go right on to Fed-Ex's website and click on the link for FED-EX custom critical care. You can calculate the cost ship enclosed or carrier and book on line. I also found them to be the most cost effective also as I compared @ 10 different companies. I know some of the info is repetitive. Happy Shipping!!!

Anthony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom