Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Show me the way ....

Low drag - High speed

Corvette
1995 and 1984 Red Coupes and grey 2007 GMC Sierra
I have a very cherry box-stock '84 Coupe that is all original and has never been modified. The factory brochure (the one with the fold out included) shows a picture of the car with the fog lights on but the headlights are not rotated up. My car will not do this ... is that normal and how can I change it? I prefer keeping the lights parked as long as possible and having access to a fogs-only mode would make that much safer.

You have to just turn on the parking lights, leave the headlights off. Don't allow them to open and you should have the parking lights and driving lights only, with the headlights in the closed position. ;)

Thanks, Ken. I'll give that a try. I'm pretty sure I always turned the posers first before trying the fogs, so I'll try it without using the headlight switch at all. On another note, since I'm new to this forum I don't know just how to post pictures. I'm an illustrator and just finished a series of Corvette cartoons for a client that I'd like to share. Or, you can email me offline at GunfighterGraphics@hotmail.com. Thanks again. :D

Low drag - High speed said:
I have a very cherry box-stock '84 Coupe that is all original and has never been modified. The factory brochure (the one with the fold out included) shows a picture of the car with the fog lights on but the headlights are not rotated up. My car will not do this ... is that normal and how can I change it? I prefer keeping the lights parked as long as possible and having access to a fogs-only mode would make that much safer.

All original and never modified?? Wow, seems like a potential NCRS candidate!! Now that NCRS is including 84-84 cars in their judging, you may very well have a car that could be an NCRS competitor.

Ken ... didn't work. They only come on when the headlights are rotated up and the fog light switch is on. I tried every other combination of switches. I'm thinking - A. It's something only '84s had, or - B. Bad switch.

Vette _ Newb ... I don't know anything about HTML, but I'll read the whole thing and see what I can learn. Stand by ... and nice Vette!

c4cruiser ... Hey, Neighbor! Will you be at the Corvette and High Performance show Feb. 7-8 at the Puyallup Fairgrounds? I'll be at the Pacific Corvette display (but not my car) where they will be selling the cartoons. I'm a total Corvette Newby myself and haven't joined a club yet. My wife bought my C4 for my 30th Anniversary gift because I always wanted one. It even has the original mufflers with the turned-down tips.

Pull your headlight switch to the first click (running lights only). If you have your switch for your fog lights on the parking lights and fog lights will be on.

Mike.

I think all the 84's have to have the headlights on to have the fog lights on. I know mine does. There is a way to make some wiring changes to make them operate independently, but dont remember how. If you search old post you might find the answer. I either saw it here or at the crossfire site. Either way if your vette's is in such excellent and original shape, not sure I'd want to mess with it too much.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom