Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Silver Wheels

J60FI

Corvette
1960 Red on Red
Recently bought my car.. a C1.. 1960 - 290 HP Fuelie.. Going to get insured thru Silver Wheels in Canada. Anybody have any horror stories or problems with them.. if you had to use the claims service?

Congradulations on your new car

how about shairing some pictures with us

I have never heard of the company, but we have a few members here from Canada. I hope they drop in.

Do you know the differance or should I say the importance of purchasing a policy with "Agreed value" does this company offer that on there collector car policies

J60FI,

Welcome to the :CAC from a fellow Canuck.

I use Lant Insurance Brokers who offer Silver Wheels. http://www.lant-ins.ca/silver.html

I don't qualify for that product because my car is modified, so I use their Custom Wheel Plan. http://www.lant-ins.ca/custom.html

Both are written with a 19A Endorsement which provides for Agreed Value coverage.

Personally, I haven't made a claim, so I can't offer any experience for you. Good luck with your coverage. :w

I am insured through the Silver Wheels Plan offered by Lant. In fact Lant is one of the corporate sponsors of our Corvette Club. I have not made a claim but they are very popular with classic/vintage car enthusiasts so I have to presume they offer good service. The rates are certainly reasonable; perhaps to some extent a reflection of the fact that many of us store our cars 5-6 months of the year during winter. I too have 19A (agreed value).

The last year or so they have tightened up a bit on security. When I had my 1967 re-appraised a year ago they asked if my car is garaged and and if yes, is there an alarm/security system on the garage. My house is wired so I answered in the affirmative. I do not know what the outcome would have been if I answered in the negative. That question has not been posed to some colleagues also with Lant so there may be a dollar threshold associated with their concerns.

Lant is actually a broker representing https://www.avivacanada.com/product.php?content=MEMBER_COMPANIES&language=ENGLISH

september06019.jpg

Thanks for the info,, i just sent in my package to get the insurance..
There is a $55,000 limit, anything over that you have to either get an alarm system wired to the police, or some kind of tracking on your car, like Boomerang.

What club do you belong to in Ontario? I would like to join a club I am in Mississauga.

I have heard from a freind that he knows some people, who had other insurance similar to silver wheels, who had bad claims experiences.

The first question the insurance company asked was, " where you driving to a car show" if the answere was no they were denied the claim. Not very comforting..

Hope Silver Wheels is different.. I will be reading the fine print..

Good Luck..

Great to know thanks..

I don't ever plan to use the claims service, but with the big investement in time not to mention money.. i would hate to use it and find out there was a problem.

Never mind the fact that it took me over 20 years to take the big plunge..

Regards

J

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom