Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Slotted/Drilled rotors

PLRX

I purchase slotted/drilled rotors a while back and they improved my braking. My question is how are they supposed to be installed? Why Am I asking because I have seen on TV, on the street and magazines installed both ways. With the slotted pointing forward and backward.

This is the way I installed mine ( I followed enclosed instructions)

Drilled Slotted rotors pointing back

Or this is one of those things that works either way?;shrug

Mine had L and R stickers on them. Looking at the pic mine are installed the same way. That was the passenger front, correct? If you take your front wheel off and use two of the lug nuts to hold the rotor on then spin the rotor you can feel the venting on the edge of the rotor. Spining the rotor backwards you don't feel as much wind. Not very technical but it works for this redneck :L

:w

PLRX787 said:
I purchase slotted/drilled rotors a while back and they improved my braking. My question is how are they supposed to be installed? Why Am I asking because I have seen on TV, on the street and magazines installed both ways. With the slotted pointing forward and backward.

This is the way I installed mine ( I followed enclosed instructions)

Drilled Slotted rotors pointing back

Or this is one of those things that works either way?;shrug

What brand and where did you get them? Did you change the pads as well? If so which pads did you put on? Just asking as this is my next project and have decided to go with drilled and slotted.

Baer says on their X-drilled and slotted...

Baer employs a “reverse rotational pattern” which is the standard in racing, world wide. This detail ensures that when the rotor is used with an aggressive pad, the material which transfers from the pad does not “smear” and “collect” following the slot. This is because the counter rotational slot drives into the pad, which keeps the pad “loaded.”

So the question is... are your rotors slotted in a reverse rotational pattern or not?

Slots and vanes

The slots can be either way depending on the manufacturer, radiating from or into the hub. / or \.

The vanes inside the rotor should be /.

I saw several pix of the slots opposite from the Raybestos I run. They were clearly marked L and R.

i have Baer on my car and the slots go out from the hub toward the front of the car

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom