Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

so many features!

Aurora40

Corvette
1990 red on red ZR-1
Wow, I'm really blown away by some of the stuff on these cars. Besides obviously the engine, the car has speed compensating volume and solar-ray glass. I knew about the glass, but it's still cool. The Aurora didn't get solar-ray glass (though all the glass has it, not just the windshield) until the 2001 MY, the same time it got speed-compensating volume.

It's just small stuff, but it's pretty cool. I mean, we're talking 1990 here. The CD was just starting to be mainstream. The Intel 486DX processor just came out in speeds up to 33MHz. Finally there were no more new cars sold with carburators (well, not sure of the last year a new production car had a carb, but probably around then).

Aurora40 said:
Finally there were no more new cars sold with carburators (well, not sure of the last year a new production car had a carb, but probably around then).

The last year for a Vette with a carb was in '82. Starting in '83 was the Crossfire FI.

Yes, but there were many new cars sold in the 80's with carburators. People buy cars other than 'vettes... ;) I was trying to put the car in the context of the era.

Aurora40 said:
;) I was trying to put the car in the context of the era.

Since we're on the subject. The C4 was an amazing car for it's time. The clam shell hood, the digitals on the dash the overall profile and width of the track made this vette very unique. The C4 set the standard for the performance car industry in the early eighties. Cars like the Callaway TT and the ZR1's gave the C4 the power to match the looks.

Yea the ZR-1 has some neat features if you stop to think you're in a 15 yr old car! It blows me away everytime I use mine & think "man they had this back then" and then I remember not everyone had some of this stuff back then. It just makes you think about how much thought was put into those cars.

:beer Aurora40! enjoy it!

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom