Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sold the C4 today...kind of sad

Zixxer

Corvette
1982 Red Coupe
Well I bought the C3 about three weeks ago and it's been great working on it and starting to learn all about it but today I sold my C4. I sold it via eBay and the guy that won it came to look at it and place the deposit. He loved it and will be back next week to pick it up with the balance. I thought I would feel relief because I can't really kept two of them but I'm pretty bummed, it was a great car.

Good news is the C3 will have all the space in the garage next week when I tear down the front suspension to work on it :) and given the car sold for more then I expected I have some play money. TTIIs will be on order next weekend ;)

I remember the day I sold my 96 LT4, it was a sad day also, but then came the next Corvette!

I'm sure your C3 is awesome. :upthumbs

Later - D

Yeah, the C3 is just plain sexy. Always wanted one and now I just need to have the patience to take my time and personalize this into my car.

Zixxer said:
Yeah, the C3 is just plain sexy. Always wanted one and now I just need to have the patience to take my time and personalize this into my car.
Ditto. I always thought that! My Mom had one when I was a kid, and it took me til a year and a half ago to get one. Hell, some days I like to sit in it in the garage and have a beer.

zixxer, good luck with the 82. The 82's have a lot of goodies that the 80/81 didn't have. I rebuilt mine and had a ball doing it. Don't forget to post some pics.

Dave

:upthumbs Gotta love those C-3's......I sold my C-4 to buy a C-3 also.......:D

What are you saying?????????

That l'm going in the wrong direction? From a C4 to a C5?

Zixxer said:
Well I bought the C3 about three weeks ago and it's been great working on it and starting to learn all about it but today I sold my C4. I sold it via eBay and the guy that won it came to look at it and place the deposit. He loved it and will be back next week to pick it up with the balance. I thought I would feel relief because I can't really kept two of them but I'm pretty bummed, it was a great car.

Good news is the C3 will have all the space in the garage next week when I tear down the front suspension to work on it :) and given the car sold for more then I expected I have some play money. TTIIs will be on order next weekend ;)

Congrats on your 82! The C3 is such an American Classic... you'll get lots more attention in your C3 than you ever did in your C4. Have fun!

fine69 said:
Congrats on your 82! The C3 is such an American Classic... you'll get lots more attention in your C3 than you ever did in your C4. Have fun!

Even the wife, who gives the normal "yeah, that's nice, I like that" gets it...she even admits there's just something about the lines on the car...timeless.

Zixxer said:
http://groups.msn.com/Zixxer/shoebox.msnw

Hopefully I inserted this link right but here's few pics of the car. I've already pulled the throttle bodies to install a large bore set. Now I get to learn the joys of balancing those babies with a manometer.

Wow! You made the right choice. That's one beautiful red Vette!

I know you're going to love it. It looks just like mine!
Right down to the t-tops. I hope you have as much enjoyment as mine has brought to me.
It's a real fun car to drive, as well as work on. Challenging in the garage, as the Crossfire is a real trip to get working properly. I saw you browsing the Crossfire Vault the other night, so I know you are doing your homework.:L
Once it's done, it will purr like a kitten.

Good luck with your new toy.

Homework is right :) I've ordered the digital dual head manometer, gasket kits, new injectors, etc....I want to make sure everything is set on the cross fire. That forum is really good, lots of tech articles and good feedback on what works and what doesn't.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom