Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Someone Needed an Idea for Storing the Mower

JonM

Corvette
84 Coupe
I can't remember who it was, but it was recently. I found this for an idea to store the riding lawn mower on the ceiling.

LOFT-IT

*89x2* said:
my brother got around the "no-shed" rule w/ his HOA by making a "playhouse" for his kids and keeping the lawnmower in there ;)

if theres a will theres a way!!!!!!:upthumbs

bill.....:w

*89x2* said:
my brother got around the "no-shed" rule w/ his HOA by making a "playhouse" for his kids and keeping the lawnmower in there ;)

I love it. Is he a lawyer ? ;LOL;LOL;LOL

Glenn :w

Jon, that person was me. I actually knew of those lifts but they won't work as the only place with enough room for the lift in the garage is where the tractor currently is and it won't lift high enough to get it out of the way. Now if it would lift it all the way to the ceiling MAYBE, but it won't in either case. In fact it would create more of a problem because than I wouldn't be able to build the fold-down table/bench that will go over top of the tractor.
Thanks for trying though. :)

*89x2*, again won't work. that idea has been tried a few times already in my development. First, they don't allow ANY type of exterior structures in our yards at all, sheds, playhouses, etc. Someone who didn't know did put up a large playhouse for thier daughter ( a real one, not even a "fake shed" one) and they made the family remove it. Another family tried a few years later and as it was actually being delievered a representative for the cummunity association commitee made them stop. It wasn't even off the truck yet!!
Many, many, many times people have tried to sidetrack the rule and have been stopped. One of the biggest problems is that at least two, maybe three members of the commitee that deals with this issue ARE lawyers so they pretty much cover and stop every angle imaginable.
It's really partly my own fault - our last house did not have all these restrictions so when my wife fell in love this this house and we bought it i never thought to check the association rules on this issue. It wasn't until after we settled and moved in that I realized the "no-shed" rule.
It's a lesson that I'll always remember and never make again if we ever move again (which will most likely be after i'm dead since the wife loves the house so much)

I'm simply stuck with very tight quarters in the garage to work with. The fold up/down table over the tractor is really my only option I'm afraid

HOA = Neigborhood Nazi's
I hate them...........can you imagine covenants that state a $500 fine for having your trash can out on a non trash pickup day?
It's their own little Soviet state.....

BarryK said:
Jon, that person was me. I actually knew of those lifts but they won't work as the only place with enough room for the lift in the garage is where the tractor currently is and it won't lift high enough to get it out of the way. Now if it would lift it all the way to the ceiling MAYBE, but it won't in either case. In fact it would create more of a problem because than I wouldn't be able to build the fold-down table/bench that will go over top of the tractor.
Thanks for trying though. :)

*89x2*, again won't work. that idea has been tried a few times already in my development. First, they don't allow ANY type of exterior structures in our yards at all, sheds, playhouses, etc. Someone who didn't know did put up a large playhouse for thier daughter ( a real one, not even a "fake shed" one) and they made the family remove it. Another family tried a few years later and as it was actually being delievered a representative for the cummunity association commitee made them stop. It wasn't even off the truck yet!!
Many, many, many times people have tried to sidetrack the rule and have been stopped. One of the biggest problems is that at least two, maybe three members of the commitee that deals with this issue ARE lawyers so they pretty much cover and stop every angle imaginable.
It's really partly my own fault - our last house did not have all these restrictions so when my wife fell in love this this house and we bought it i never thought to check the association rules on this issue. It wasn't until after we settled and moved in that I realized the "no-shed" rule.
It's a lesson that I'll always remember and never make again if we ever move again (which will most likely be after i'm dead since the wife loves the house so much)

I'm simply stuck with very tight quarters in the garage to work with. The fold up/down table over the tractor is really my only option I'm afraid
park it on you front porch,that should get them going. i love ****ing with the neighbohood busybodies like going over after dark and spelling "f--k" in their front yard grass with fast growing fertilizer. there is nothing they can do to get rid of except dig it up and replant. :D

Hey guys, I had the same problem. I wanted all the cars in the garage but couldn't because of the lawnmower, bikes and other garage items. I can't put a storage shed in my yard either so I put in a 4 post lift. I use the lift for storage and park the Vette under. The lift is less expensive than a shed or off site storage plus I can use it to put a car on it when I need it. I could stack cars if I moved the garage door higher but I don't need that.

And as for homeowners assocations, we all should have read the terms before purchasing the house. If you didn't like the terms you didn't have to buy.

Lift1.jpg

HPIM0744.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom