Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spark Plug Change out

silver98

Corvette
1998 Sebring Silver Coupe
I'm staying at the Marriott in downtown Detroit. The hotel shares the building with the GM headquarters. On the first floor, GM always has several vehicles on display. Tonight they had an '06 Vette. I got to open the hood... that LS2, well, ALL the spark plugs are easy to get to! Unreal!!! Compared to my LS1, I could very easily put my hand on each one of the plugs. Looks so easy to work on.

Just thought I'd pass it on to you folks out there.

:confused Are you sure you weren't looking at a new Z06?

I have an LS2 in my C5, and the plugs (as well as all the stuff that's normally in the way - e.g., brake booster and AIR pump plumbing) are in the exact same location.

Mr. Lucky said:
:confused Are you sure you weren't looking at a new Z06?

I have an LS2 in my C5, and the plugs (as well as all the stuff that's normally in the way - e.g., brake booster and AIR pump plumbing) are in the exact same location.

You put an LS2 in your C5? How did that come about?

It's a 402ci LS2 stroker:
402motor.jpg

I changed out that red Halltech air bridge since this pic was taken... it was starting to look like the Ronald McDonald-mobile. :L

(dyno #s - SAE corrected, through an A4)

uh, yea, it was a vert, so, you decide, Mr Lucky. Since it was in a C6, and your's is in a C5, I, uh, well, maybe the motor mounts are located a little different? I don't know, do you know what a freakin C6 Z06 looks like?

silver98 said:
uh, yea, it was a vert, so, you decide, Mr Lucky. Since it was in a C6, and your's is in a C5, I, uh, well, maybe the motor mounts are located a little different?
Motor mounts don't intrude on spark plug access, and your original post didn't say anything about a vert.

Why so hostile?

:beer

Geez, you guys should've tried changing plus on the LT cars.:L:L:L

Mr. Lucky said:
Motor mounts don't intrude on spark plug access, and your original post didn't say anything about a vert.

Why so hostile?

:beer
You don't think that the location of the motor mounts on the frame affect the position of the engine in relation to the firewall?

You're right, I didn't say it was a vert, I said it was a Z06. Why challenge my recognition of a Z06 but not a vert?

silver98 said:
You're right, I didn't say it was a vert, I said it was a Z06. Why challenge my recognition of a Z06 but not a vert?
1. No one is "challenging" you. Sometimes a question is just a question.

2. Here is what you actually said: "Tonight they had an '06 Vette." No mention of Z06 or vert in your original post (which is what I was responding to).

silver98 said:
uh, yea, it was a vert, so, you decide, Mr Lucky.

silver98 said:
You're right, I didn't say it was a vert, I said it was a Z06.
Wait I'm confuesd now, was it a vert or a ZO6?

Silver98 said:

Mr. Lucky said:
Here is what you actually said: "Tonight they had an '06 Vette." No mention of Z06 or vert in your original post (which is what I was responding to).

smiley-skep.gif

Are we all getting along?

Look- one of the things that many people commented on before the release of the C6 Z06 is that it's not real easy, from a quick look, to distinguish it from a C6 Coupe with the solid top on.

:w
-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom