Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Spiral Mufflers in Hooker Sidepipes?

Whiplash

Corvette
71 Kandy Burple Conv / 02 MY Z06
I've seen a few posts on the spiral muffler inserts for Hooker Sidepipes. I just ordered the headers and pipes from Jet Hot. I need to pick mufflers and I'm looking for feedback. If you're using the spiral mufflers and like them where did you buy them?

Thanks,

Whiplash

I chose glasspacks for mine. Ive have never heard one with spirals before. Mine sidepipes are very loud with glasspacks, but Ive only heard glasspacks and reverse flow, so I cant really know how to compare the 2.
Good Luck, HOOKERS look awesome on C3s
zachh

Heres the Link!

Hey Whiplash

Havent used them myself but heres the link.

http://www.spiralturbobaffles.com/

Have generally read they are far superior to Hooker glasspacks and the chambered type.
Maybe some who has them can chime in.

Good Luck :beer Grant

i'm running the spirol baffles and love them. they are actually more quiet than the glasspacks, unless you uncap the center tube. i would highly recommend them if you are going with sidepipes.

i'm running the spirol baffles and love them. they are actually more quiet than the glasspacks, unless you uncap the center tube. i would highly recommend them if you are going with sidepipes.

Is the link above the vendor you used? It's the only one I could find as well and wanted to make sure I had the right one.

Thanks

That's the only guy who sells them... he makes them himself.

I am very pleased with mine. I don't know the sound of glasspacks or Hooker mufflers, but these are very nice!
I bought the super-comp headers with the Jet-Hot Sterling coating.

I am very pleased with mine. I don't know the sound of glasspacks or Hooker mufflers, but these are very nice!
I bought the super-comp headers with the Jet-Hot Sterling coating.

I've got the same headers coming from Jet-Hot. They're backordered and should be in next week. It's holding me up from putting the body back on the frame but it's worth the wait not to have to crawl under the car to get them in there.

I'm assuming it's the 4 inch spiral baffle I need to order.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm pretty sure that it's the 4". The guy that makes them is very knowledgable about the baffles. Just call him up and tell him the application and he'll take care of you.

It will be worth the wait for you! I had to jack up my car on the side to install mine. It was not a bad process. In hindsight, I would have purchased some locking header bolts and copper gaskets. (or top of the line gaskets) Once you have these items, you are completely done with the exhaust system.

Have fun!

These are very much like the Twister race mufflers I sell and let me tell you, with the center plug out, they are LOUD! (but still sound killer).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom