Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Splash Guards

chieftam

Corvette
2006 Arctic White Z51 Coupe
Hello, I'm new to this forum and back into Corvettes after purchasing a new C6 Z51 Coupe. My last Corvette was a 77 L82 I also purchased new. My question is about splash guards in new Vettes. My city is really into street maintenance, and seem addicted to seal coating. This places fresh tar down on the street and covers it with peeble sized rock. With our heat in Texas, this seal coating stays soft, so you either get tar all over the side of your vehicles or constantly kick up the rocks. I saw a vendor that sells color matched splash guards for the C6. Does anyone have them, or pictures of them. I like the looks of the car like it is, but I don't want all the chips and tar either. Do they work? Do they look OK? Is it a "fashion" error to put them on? Thanks for any assistance or comments.

I noticed that they have what you are asking about at www.baileymotorsports.com . I don't know how they look and I really never gave any thought to putting them on my C6. But, it sounds like this is what you are looking for and it does seem that it would solve your problem. I have bought from Baileys and I was very happy with the product and there service. Good luck and let me know how it goes and welcome to CAC.

Thanks Kerry, those are the ones I was thinking about, I believe, although I still haven't seen a picture of the front ones anywhere. I'm not really sure about the looks, but I sure don't like the tar/chips on the car either.

You are welcome and good luck. I also suggest that you check out the stainless steel exhaust port filler panel at Baileys. That is what I bought, along with the the C6 emblem, and it looks awesome.

Thanks again, I'll look into that. By the way, I noticed the checkerboard in your garage. What did you use for that? I have U-Coat-It in my garage, checkerboard, but I'm not real happy with it. I would post the picture of my car on it, but don't know how yet, as the file picture I have is 88 kb or mb, larger than the 19 they allow.

I used Armstrong commercial tiles for the garage floor. Not the pre-glued type, but the type that you put down the glue. I did that almost three years ago and have not had any problems and still looks great. My wife and I did a 20x20 garage in a few hours on a Sunday. I was going to go with the paint but I really wanted the black and white tiles and glad I did. I get mucho comments about how great it looks.

I wondered how tiles would work. I used the U-Coat-It and it took about 6 days to get it all done (1100 sq. feet). Looks good, but the clear is peeling off in spots where I park and the black didn't stick as well as it should have over the white. They weren't real helpful when I tried to find out why. I believe I now have a picture of it in the signature.

One of my first purchases for my C6 was a set of #622858 splashguards from Mid America Motorworks. They are small, unobtrusive, fit the lines of the car, easily self installed and do the job well. I like them much better than the ricer look of the larger aftermarket sets. On the other hand, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. With a white car such as yours, the black guards might not be your cup of tea.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom