Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Squeling noise fixed. Thanks for the info

Parrothead

Corvette
Quazar Blue 92
I had a bad squealing noise start coming from the passenger side rear end last week. After reading many threads, I was able to identify the problem as the half-shaft U-joints. Thanks to all the great posts on here, the identification, removal and repair was smooth and nearly painless.. Other than doing it on the street in 105 degree weather. I learned so much from so many people that i needed to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Good for you for tackling the repair yourself.:thumb:thumb:thumb

I had a bad squealing noise start coming from the passenger side rear end last week. After reading many threads, I was able to identify the problem as the half-shaft U-joints. Thanks to all the great posts on here, the identification, removal and repair was smooth and nearly painless.. Other than doing it on the street in 105 degree weather. I learned so much from so many people that i needed to say THANK YOU!!!!!!!

In this case, since you DIY'ed a U-joint in 105° weather on the street, you'd probably like someone to "rain" on your parade.
:chuckle
So...considering the car is 20+ years old and you've had one axle-shaft u-joint fail, you'd better consider doing the other three.
Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom