Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Start problem revisited

poorboys831

Corvette
1993 ruby red coupe
A few weeks ago I posted this problem and thought ,as did many ,that heat was the problem-nope not the problem.Heres what happens:Everything works but the key will not turn the engine over,neither key.until it feels like it.I've tried disconnecting the battery but the only thing that seems to work is to leave it alone for 10-15 minutes.It doesn't do it all the time ,maybe once every 20 starts-no difference if the doors are locked and security is on or off.How can I disconnect this(security) it seems to be my only way out.Thanks in advance Dennis:w

if your key has the resistor pellet you are not making contact some of the time. if you have the resistor key e mail me and i will tell you how to bypass the system

Hi again I really need help here This is my main ride this is no garage sitter waiting for good weather to drive doesn't anyone have a clue on how to by-pass the system?

my scanner is down but as soon as i get it running i will scan you the info.

I'm not sure if the VATS on your year as on the early c-4's nut there is a wealth of info on how to bypass the system. It's not that difficult and it is inexpensive, but first you have to know the resistance of your key. Do a search on VATS, or you can pull up my profile and my very first posts were about this issue, should be all you need to know. Good luck.

Thanks for the info Clem and the advice moonunit-I got the scan and will put it to work in the morning-thanks again you guys are great Dennis :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom