Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Starter wouldn't engage

Cruise

Corvette
1994 coupe
During my lunch I was parked for an hour in my '94 and I had to turn the key on and off a few times to adjust the windows / radio etc.
When I went to start the car, there was no starter engagement at all.
No click, no nothing. All of my lights, radio etc worked.

I decided to try it again after 5 - 10 minutes and then it started.

Is there a security feature that I don't know about or does it look like I have a mechanical problem brewing?

Yes, it could be a security issue with the vehicle. I think it was the VATS or the little chip on the ignition key.

If it is a starter issue, it's not too much work to unbolt it and have it checked out at the local auto parts store, they usually don't charge.

Cruise said:
During my lunch I was parked for an hour in my '94 and I had to turn the key on and off a few times to adjust the windows / radio etc.
When I went to start the car, there was no starter engagement at all.
No click, no nothing. All of my lights, radio etc worked.

I decided to try it again after 5 - 10 minutes and then it started.

Is there a security feature that I don't know about or does it look like I have a mechanical problem brewing?

This happened to me once before. It is part of the security system. The system takes a few minutes to reset after it 'thought' it had a security issue(key on/off a few times).

i had this problem the day i got my vette back after a transmission rebuild.checked everything and it was a bad starter.bout a hundred bucks for a new one. so ive added a new starter to the 'list'.

Where did you buy your starter? Was it online or did you order over the phone? Thanks for your help.

Also, did you change it yourself. I also have a 93 that needs a replacement. Thanks for any help.

If it's OK now, I'm with the VATS. I bet if you would have locked and unlocked the car, it might not have happened. Just guessing, but I wouldn't jump on a starter right away. You can do the starter if you have any mechanical ability :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom