Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

steering columb help

poorboys831

Corvette
1993 ruby red coupe
Well i finally got the water pump and opti crap back on and the ol'girl is runnin fine thanks for everyones help-On my way to the store last night i turned my wipers on to wash the windshield and they wouldn't shut off.checked all the usual stuff and lo and behold the switch inside the column is brocken and the rod just spins around on the inside(stuck the wipers in the on position)Now I ordered the switch but my question is do I have to pull the steering wheel off to replace it or can I get it from the side of the column?The other question is if I do have to pull the wheel -will pulling off the negative cable on the battery dis able the air bag?thanks people Dennis :w

Not sure myself, but I thought I could help you keep this thead at the top!:)

If its like normal vehicles you should be able to find some screws in the shroud to remove it. But if its like my Corvette (85) You'll have to remove the wheel. Its not a big deal to do so unless you have an airbag.

My Corvette has the Wiper switch on the door though so Im thinking your column is different.

Someone with a later C4 will chime in Im sure.

hi thanks so far the switch is in the column i can touch it after taking off the side cover but thats as far as I dare go -the shop manual doesn't state how to get this switch out-the problem as I see it is that I'm concerned that if I hit the wrong thing in there I'm going to engage the bag.thanks in advance by the way if anyone is going to be in the charleston area on the 12th come out to patriots point.We are having our 3rd annual Street Thunder car show-it's always a good turn out -Dennis :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom