Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Steering Wheel Feedback

misterKTM

Corvette
'93 Black 6 Speed
I've noticed my vette gives a lot of steering wheel feedback in the corners of rough roads - compared to my f-bodies. It also almost seems like it 'walks' a little in the corner when there is a ripple, or bumps through the corner. I've taken a look at the suspension and everything looks good, is this a normal thing ? Or is this simptoms of something being worn out or miss-adjusted. The car only has 55,000 miles - I wouldn't think there could be to much wore out already..

Thanks for any input.

Rob

B

Bill C

Rob

When I purchased my 85 I had the EXACT same problems and concerns. I almost wrecked it on a road that had those truck wheel ruts in the road. The car will ride up on one or the other side of the ruts. I was in one of those barraced construction zones just wide enough for a truck. I almost S#!% my self as it was going for the barraced. The car gets weird when going over those things because of the wide tires. I had it aligned and it didn't help. VETTE Brakes has improved alignment settings that were suppose to help in those situations. It did just a little bit.

I also found out the HARD WAY that it attempts to do the side step in "wash board areas" during a turn! SCAREY!!! I inspected everything, had it aligned and then just learned to live with it and expect it. Coil overs are suppose to take care of that problem! :)

Drive the car carefully for a while and get use to all of the idiosyncrasys of the C4's

I have a C5 and it has it's own idiosyncrasys that I have to get use to!!

Bill C

Be VERY CAREFUL if you let someone else drive your car, It could be a very expensive learning expierence $$$$$$.

misterKTM

Corvette
'93 Black 6 Speed
Thanks Bill,

It seems like it is just the way the car handles, it doesn't act like there is anything wrong - it's just real different than anything else i've owned/driven. I haven't had any real trouble with ruts per say (anymore than any other car anyway) but your description of the washboard side step is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Rob

B

Bill C

You will get ues to it and soon you will be hanging out the rear power sliding it through the turns!!!! :) :) You will learn VERY QUICKLY what it will and will not do and be able to predict it!

Have Fun and drive safely!

Bill C

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom