Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stereo lost all power

S

Superman

I have one of those after marker cassette players with the "stock" look. Anyway, suddenly, it doesnt come on. The little green screen wont even light up.

I was putting a new screw in the kick panel on the driver's side today. I guess I could have knocked something loose. Im not sure what Im looking for though in regards to anything out of place.

Dear Mr. Kent,
An aftermarket stereo most likely has a fused hot lead, check to see if it blew. Other than that, check the fuse box where it wires in. Either way it sounds like a fuse to be completely dead. Is anything else not working besides the stereo?

Craig

No, it just appears that the radio is the only thing not working.

I know this is a stupid question, but how do I get the fuse out to check it?

There should be a wire going from the radio to the fuse box, it likely has a 'pull apart' connection with a fuse inside. Its just a little 'push-twist-pull' with a little cylindrical (round) fuse inside it. Not sure if your '76 will have those fuses in the box, or the plug-ins. (waaaay up under the dash, above your feet) It probably isn't the one in the fuse box, as the radio is on a circuit with a couple other things. UNLESS, the new radio is tapped into the fusebox on an aux. post, then that fuse could be blown. Follow the wire back from the radio, look for an in-line fuse, and follow all the way back to the fuse box. Check the fuse in the box where it is wired in. Hope this helps.

Craig

I popped out the fuse. It looks pretty blown to me.

Thanx for the help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom