Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Straight Gas

dfnegran

All:
I have a 2015 C7 and live in an area where the premium gasoline at most stations is 100 gasoline. No 10% ethanol. As the engines are set to run on 10% ethanol, I am wondering if this is any issue with the engine. I called my Chevy dealer and his view was, "everything should be OK, but I am not sure". It would seem to me that the car should just run better as there is a higher level of BTU's in the fuel. Anyone have an answer or thought here.

Dennis Negran

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. I'm going to move your thread into the C7 Forum for greater exposure...

All:
I have a 2015 C7 and live in an area where the premium gasoline at most stations is 100 gasoline. No 10% ethanol. As the engines are set to run on 10% ethanol, I am wondering if this is any issue with the engine. I called my Chevy dealer and his view was, "everything should be OK, but I am not sure". It would seem to me that the car should just run better as there is a higher level of BTU's in the fuel. Anyone have an answer or thought here.

Dennis Negran

The engine is not set to run on 10% ethanol, but yes it will and can.

If you do not have to use ethanol, don't.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom