Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Sun Visor

R

RayL81

Does anyone out there no how to tighten the sun visor so that it will stay in the up position. Mine on the drivers side continues to creep down while I'm driving. I own a 81.

thanks for your help.

Ray,
I had the same problem and just ended up ordering the repair kit from Mid America it includes the bushings, support elbow, and the retainer and tension spring. It fixed the problem and was easy to install. The kit cost me $24.99 but they also sell each individual piece. It is probably just either the bushing or tension spring that is worn out. Hope this helps...
Debbie

Thanks Deb,

Thats kinda what I figured that I would need the kit. Oh well at least you say that will fix the problem thats good news.

Thanks again. Hey I just noticed you're from Denver. I'm in Lakewood and Greekman is in Parker. Maybe we can all go for a cruise sometime. Stay in touch..........Ray

my 81 does the same thing, I just took it apart last week and the little white bushing is cracked. Guy I bought the car from said he had replaced it once already, talk about poor design!

Yep, mine did it and I second the repair kit. Will take only a few minutes. Be eqst with the elbow, it is white metal and will break if you force any pressure on it.

Sunvisor

Ray,
I ordered the bushing for mine too and it made no difference!
What I did is inserted a small piece of sandpaper inside the plastic bushing and carefully pushed everything into place.
Visor stays up. Just be careful and patient re-installing it!

Barry

Thanks everyone for your inout, Sounds like the kit is the way to go.

Ray,
Had same problem with mine even after install of new bushings. Get a roll of white teflon tape thats used for pipe threads. You can get this at any hardware store. After installing bushing on visor, wrap several layers around the bushing itself before installing into holder. If its not enough remove and add more. Visor stays in and holds any poistion. Worked great for me.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom