Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Swap my Holley spreadbore 650 for your good Q-jet for a 454.

J

jsimpson

Anyone got a good 454 Qudarajet that you'll swap for a rebuilt Holley spreadbore for a 350?

454 Quadrajet? I was pretty sure that all quadrajets flowed the same (750) with the exception of some truck models that flowed 800. Am I wrong?

I understand they flow up to 850. But the point is that different Q-jets are set up for different engines; a 350 Q-jet won't do a good job on your 429 Ford cammer. I want one set up for a 454 so I doubt have to spend endless hours setting it up or endless dollars getting someone else to!

Stingray72 said:
454 Quadrajet? I was pretty sure that all quadrajets flowed the same (750) with the exception of some truck models that flowed 800. Am I wrong?
Right...well...all used by Chevy were 750 (some Ponitacs had 830cfm) but the differences were internal. Each was set up for a specific engine and power train. If you rebuild one you can change it over to another configeration, just need to know which jets, power pistons, and rods to use.

tom...

John,

I may have a brand new Q-Jet in a box in the garage that I'll swap with you. I'm on travel until Friday so I won't be able to check until then. Stay tuned.

........ Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom