Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SYS code after new radio

Galen

Corvette
1990 White/Black Interior 6sp Coupe
OK I have a 1990 L98 with C68 climate ctrl. After installing a new radio and removing all of the Bose system I am getting 2 codes in the CCM 1 for LED lighting and 1 LCR lighting. I was given a fix in here but the wire codes are wrong. I have talked to several radio shops in the area and they all say it is not needed. I have gone over the wiring diagrams extensivly and know which 2 wires I need but do they go to B+ or B- . Not real sure how the circuit works I believe they are only triggers for the intensity of the displays. I also wonder if it is needed or if I have a different problem. I would appreciate any help. You could save this car from a possible gunshot wound.

Galen

You need to install 2 resistors on the harness, This will keep the SYS light from coming on.

I cannot seem to find it but I know there was a TSB refering to this with all th info you need

Jeff I have the one that was given before but I think it was for a 94? I know which 2 wires, just do they go to ground or positive thru the resistors. I cannot tell because there are no actual schematics for the radio or CCM.

Galen

Galen said:
Jeff I have the one that was given before but I think it was for a 94? I know which 2 wires, just do they go to ground or positive thru the resistors. I cannot tell because there are no actual schematics for the radio or CCM.

Galen

It will still work.

I will check my other PC, to see if I have the schematics

Sys Hell

Put the seperate resistors on the power and illumination hot side. No more SYS. The size resistors are in here somewhere.

It fires the code due to the panel dimmer conflict with new tune box. Radio installation places are clueless, and it happens EVERY time.

OK do I have this right. Led & Lcr hooked thru 2 resistors 1 each to B+ ign wire. Correct?

Galen

Is this correct Jeff thanks for your help.

Galen said:
Is this correct Jeff thanks for your help.

Sounds right, but I have not found my notes yet

Thanks Jeff I really appreciate the information. I can not believe I bought all the TSB's from Chevrolet and I do not have that one. Thank's again and I know it will work just needed to know the switching circuit type.

Galen

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom