Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T-top compatibility

Kevin

Corvette
1980 white with red interior L-48 T-top
Does anyone know, or know how to tell, if T-tops from a 1976 will fit on my 1980? Are there any measurements or production numbers to check? I have looked all over the internet, but have not found any specifications pertaining to the interchangeability.

:confused

The latching mechanism might be different. I can't remember if the 76 was a single handle latch.

The earlier tops will not latch on your 80 without changing the hardware on the halo panel. If you go to the earlier style hardware, you will lose the antitheft system on the tops which is stock on the 80 and later cars.

:)

The earlier tops will not latch on your 80 without changing the hardware on the halo panel. If you go to the earlier style hardware, you will lose the antitheft system on the tops which is stock on the 80 and later cars.

:)

Does this mean that the stock 80 tops would no longer work?

Does anyone know, or know how to tell, if T-tops from a 1976 will fit on my 1980? Are there any measurements or production numbers to check? I have looked all over the internet, but have not found any specifications pertaining to the interchangeability.

:confused

The 78 - 82 will interchange only. 77 earilier have completely different latching.

Gary

SAVE the WAVE

Thanks for all of the info! You guys saved me from buying something that would not work for my car. One of my tops must have come off while the previous owner was driving it, because it is all scratched and has a couple of cracks. The local shops here are wanting $500+ to refinish it, so I have been looking at less expensive alternatives, and found a good set that was already the right color for sale that I was looking at. I appreciate all of the technical knowledge, and hopefully can give back some as I get to know my car a little more. In the meantime, I'll have more questions for you all soon!

Kevin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom