Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tail lights

T

teeholt

to change the rear bulbs in a 1989 vette do you have reach up between the frame and gas tank to get to it? It seems awful difficult as you can only get 1 hand on it? and even that is difficult?

Strange engineering?

Help???

I havent had to change mine yet, but from what I understand you dang near have to remove the bumper. :/

Click Here

Good luck. :)

Try taking the license plate and frame out then go for the bulb from that hole.

Well I can honestly say this is the first time I am happy I dont have any advice on the situation. I hope everything works out okay for you. Also I hope I do not have to try to change my tail lights anytime soon.

Good Luck

craig

The inner bulbs you can reach after you remove the licence plate, the outer once you reach up between the skirting and the muffler. (It would be great if there was a mechanically inclined skinny armed 12 year old issued with each vette to reach bulbs, under the dash, behind the heads, etc...)

One thing I found is to give the fasteners of the licence plate a shot of wd40 and have a little snack before I tried to remove the plate. Gave it some time to soak in and make removing the screws a lot easier.

taegdh said:
The inner bulbs you can reach after you remove the licence plate, the outer once you reach up between the skirting and the muffler. (It would be great if there was a mechanically inclined skinny armed 12 year old issued with each vette to reach bulbs, under the dash, behind the heads, etc...)

Yup, pretty much
agreed.gif
nuke.gif

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom