Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TDS schematics

D

dmrodco

Can anyone provide the schematics and wiring diagram for the Theft Deterant Module for a 87 vette ( the one behind the passangers side dash. I need to do some troubleshooting to see if the module is fried. Thanks Dewayne

This is from an 84 should be the same thing...

theft%20deterrent%20system1.jpg

theft%20deterrent%20system2.jpg

Thanks for the Schematics ! Where the heck it the TDM (module) located ? I thought I knew however I was wrong. do you happen to have a troubleshooting tree. for this system ? How likley is it that the module is fried ? Is this common ? Is it worth fixing if it is bad or should I just pop for a real alarm system? Thanks for your input

If you take the hush pad off the pass. .side..lay on your back...look up...you will see the ECM...now look back towards the back of the car...located behind the breadbox, you will see the TDM

A new module is about 80-90 dollars...and I really think the only good funtion on an alarm is the starter interrupt...Other then that how many alarms have you heard and ignored? Now I have the factory and a boxed alarm. I only did that for the extras...Auto start, widows roll up and roll down. I also had some extra sireens hanging around, so I installed them. (I have three) It is Really annoying when it goes off...almost ear shattering.

I'm in the middle of yanking my aftermarket alarm system, the amplifier, the cd changer and the radio now. I'll also be eliminating the air conditioning.

I don't know if I'll be able to help when it comes to original mounting locations for the VATS and the rest, things were already moved around in there before I got to it, but I'll be posting more pictures of it when I do get there. ;)

_ken :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom