Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Teaser

S

SurfnSun

cal1.jpg

:D :D :D I don't wanna jinx my shot. I'll send you an IM on CF.

Sweet looking car. Why is it running in the picture? (Antenna is up.) Looks like Callaway4fun's car except he has those cool carbon fiber OZ wheels on his now. I can't tell from that angle what year it is... hopefully an '89 or newer so you get the big turbos AND the 6 speed.

well its an 88 but I guess I'll settle :L :L :L

Monday is D-day

Well guys, some of you know when I called to get the car they already had a contract on it. The only good thing about this the money has missed 3 deadlines for showing up. The bad part is the genius who wrote it didn't put an expiration date on it.....

They have made multiple attempts at contacting the guy and when they talk to him "the check is in the mail"

So I called today and offered $6k down right then and there, and the guy told me about the whole goofed contract.

Anyway....Monday morning if the money isn't there the car is ALL MINE:J

No not really. If its not as they say it is, then Im going to want them to reimburse me my plane ticket, cause I will be ****ED. I do have a grand master plan though :D :D :D :D

surf and sun

Hey surf and sun where is the car located in NY I can go take a look at it if it is close and can let you know before you take the trip Pete

sounds good to me...

Pete, that would be great. The car is in Albany. Im not sure how far that is from you. Let me know if youre interested.

Chris(89x2) has also offered to go up there with me if it fits his schedule.

I will take all the help I can get.

Thanks
Josh

SurfnSun1@aol.com

That's about 2.5 hours from me. I think it's about the same for Pete. Let me know what your plans are. Depending on the timing I might be able to help out as well.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

As the hours count down, Im trying not to get too excited in case the deal falls thru at the last minute.

The opportunity to meet a few of you guys would be a bonus on top of getting the car.

Keep 'em crossed. :beer

Heck yea! Im all about that :D :D

I'll post you guys as soon as I find something out in the morning.

:mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

They are stalling me! I just got off the phone, and they are waiting for that guy still. Naturally the money didn't show. He's on vacation here in FL supposedly. Im #2 on the list. I had a plane ticket on hold this morning and everything.

To top it all off, my finance company took a year off of the length of time I could finance the car- which puts any other Callaway car out of my reach, I think. Its been a great day.:hb :hb

Don't beat yourself up over it.

Josh - Sorry to hear about all the troubles. Sounds like these guys are real jackazzes anyway. You've got to just look at it that maybe this isn't the one. If it's not meant to be you can't force it. Let things fall into place. If this one doesn't happen there will be another. Keep the faith!

Hang in There!!!!

S&S, did they say when they are ready to concede that the car will be yours? Good luck, FWIW, I would have been on a plane w/ cash in hand!!! (I know it is not always as simple as that though).
Good luck! :)

Re: Hang in There!!!!

*89x2* said:
S&S, did they say when they are ready to concede that the car will be yours? Good luck, FWIW, I would have been on a plane w/ cash in hand!!! (I know it is not always as simple as that though).
Good luck! :)

No, he's giving me no clue. I guess he's waiting to hear back from this guy before he lets it go. Im not sure. The sad part is I think he might be the sales mgr...said he was doing interviews today. So I don't know what else to do. I guess just wait. If I went up there I dont' even think he'd sell me the car, he's so worried about being sued.

Worried about being sued or maybe the other offer is for more money so they are trying to see if they can make it happen.

Car salesmen don't strike me as being worried about getting sued :s

Luigi

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom