Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ted Nugent ZR-1 questions

jb92z

Corvette
92 ZR-1
I saw a post dated 2003 about Ted Nugent owning ZR-1's. I supposedly purchased a 92 Polo Green ZR-1 that was originally owned by Ted Nugent. He signed the cover of the zippered owners portfolio. I am wondering if anyone has the Corvette Quarterly mentioned and if perhaps this car is pictured. I am the 3rd owner of this car. The person I purchased it from had gotten from the broker that Ted Nugent sold it through.

Thanks,

Congrats on getting that. Ebay, right? You got it for a very good price, $22k if I remember right. Love the Polo Green color too.

Good luck authenticating it. Not sure if that will add much value, but it's interesting to know more about your car's previous owners.

-Burt

It seems pretty legit, bowhunter decal and NRA lifetime member stickers in the back window. The car needs a little TLC to be pefect (which is what I am after).

The interview in Corvette Quarterly Ted stated that he had two ZR-1's. One he drove(most likely yours) and another which he said that he "keeps in a ziploc bag". Congrats!

Can you tell me the issue of CQ that article was in?

Thanks,

jb92z said:
Can you tell me the issue of CQ that article was in?

Thanks,
Sure can, it was the Spring 1996 Corvette quarterly pg.40.

Interestingly, in the article, Ted mentioned that he accidentally drove the '94 into a shallow creek while pursuing a deer one night. NAAAAAAW! Just kidding!! Again, congrats on a fine ride! :)

After re-reading your original post, I realized that CQ stated in the article that,"My daughter Sasha, and my wife Shemane, each have a '94, and I have two ZR-1's - a '94 and a '95. I keep the '95 in a zip-lock bag," he adds.

You said yours is a '92?
Of the two photos in the article, both shots of the ZR-1 show it to be black.(It could be the '95 though)

The 92 I own was sold by Ted in 95, so I assume he liked it so well he bought newer version of same car.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom