Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Telephone wont work

Rod Brown

Corvette
2016 Blacki Sting Ray
Help! I have a 2016 Sting Ray.I paired my Android Samsung phone to the car.No problem with the pairing.I can call out using my phone through the Blue tooth but I can't receive incoming calls.I can hear it ringing but it won't connect. I installed an Infotainment GPS Module and it works perfectly.The agency worked on my car all day and I drove out of the agency with a hefty bill. but no luck the phone wont connect. The agency said someone changed the settings in the computer. That doesn't sound right because no one worked on the car.the car has 3750 miles on it.If some one messed with the car I would think the car wouldn't allow me to call out.I am at a loss plus I spent a lot of money for nothing. Any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated.Oh,the agency said the GPS was part of the problem as it wasn't installed at the factory. Thanks to all who answer my thread,Rod

Have you removed or disabled the GPS then tried to pair your phone?

Have you removed or disabled the GPS then tried to pair your phone?

Hi,I tried to disable the GPS and when I removed the cables from the module ,the car wouldn't start and I couldn't pair the phone again.The module must be activated to pair the radio and install phone numbers. I have played with this damn thing for 5 months and I haven't gotten any where,but last night thr idea came to me.For the phone to work MAYBE I have to install the number in the contact list to make a connection.This is my next attempt.If this doesn't work I am going to trade this car in on a Mustang.

You're going to trade it in on a Mustang because the aftermarket GPS you installed has fouled up the OE infotainment system?

Help! I have a 2016 Sting Ray.I paired my Android Samsung phone to the car.No problem with the pairing.I can call out using my phone through the Blue tooth but I can't receive incoming calls.I can hear it ringing but it won't connect. I installed an Infotainment GPS Module and it works perfectly.The agency worked on my car all day and I drove out of the agency with a hefty bill. but no luck the phone wont connect. The agency said someone changed the settings in the computer. That doesn't sound right because no one worked on the car.the car has 3750 miles on it.If some one messed with the car I would think the car wouldn't allow me to call out.I am at a loss plus I spent a lot of money for nothing. Any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated.Oh,the agency said the GPS was part of the problem as it wasn't installed at the factory. Thanks to all who answer my thread,Rod

Who installed the aftermarket GPS that you are referring to?

Who is the "agency" that worked on your car all day?

Telephone won't receiver incoming calls

Who installed the aftermarket GPS that you are referring to?

Who is the "agency" that worked on your car all day?

I installed the module.Not difficult to do.Just loosen the fasteners on each side ,remove the wires and the module is loose.The wires will only fit in the module one way.They are color coded and its impossible to install the wires incorrectly. The dealer that worked on my car ,attempting to correct the problem is Keyes Chevrolet in Van Nuys ,Calif..The tech who worked on my car said the computer programs were changed and that is the reason the phone won't receive calls.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom