Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Terrible stone chip on side view mirror

Djcrisalli

Corvette
2013 427 vert, V.Yellow
OMG, I'm sick. What I thought was bug splatter, was a stone chip. It caused the paint to bubble, about half inch long. Dealer suggest touch up, but I know it will NEVER look good. Do i just get the entire mirror sprayed? I am not familiar with having fiberglass... and my 2013 vert yellow 427 only has 1600 miles! I would love some input from forum members!

Well, stuff happens. I'd say if it bothers you that much get the entire mirror painted. It can be removed and done right without too much hassle.

OMG, I'm sick. What I thought was bug splatter, was a stone chip. It caused the paint to bubble, about half inch long. Dealer suggest touch up, but I know it will NEVER look good. Do i just get the entire mirror sprayed? I am not familiar with having fiberglass... and my 2013 vert yellow 427 only has 1600 miles! I would love some input from forum members!
after you have it repaired make sure you have 3M protective film installed on the mirrors. no matter what you hear here zaino will not prevent rock damage. :D

Sorry about your chip. I agree with Motorman - 3M :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom