Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The B&M is in!

Corvette
Blk/Blk '96 LT4 Coupe
My "modded" B&M short throw shifter is in the car! Bill B. (aka ZF Doc) put it in for me last night. Man, what a difference over stock! Like night & day! Will post some pics and give an assessment soon but my 1st impression....AWESOME! :Steer

Jeff

6 Shooter said:
This thread is useless without pictures! :D

I'm on it. ;)

Bear w/ me though as I've had like ZERO sleep (didn't get home until after 3:00am) and I'm @ work. Tonite I'll snap some pics. Wish I could give virtual test-drives cuz this thing feels incredible! :D

Jeff,
You are too young to need sleep. Wait until you're my age..I get tired getting up in the morning. Opps, nap time. Heard nothing but positive comments re the B&M. Personally I use Exlax for my BMs.

Jeff,
Still waiting for pictures of the short shifter and the headers.....what are you doing....sleeping???

But quick question on the shifter....is the length or height of the shifter the same or shorter than the stock unit?

And you know...you are getting me in so much trouble...everytime you get something for your car....I want it to. If I keep this up...I am going to be divorced.....and I'm not even married yet!!!

Later,
LannyL81

LannyL81 said:
Jeff,
Still waiting for pictures of the short shifter and the headers.....what are you doing....sleeping???

But quick question on the shifter....is the length or height of the shifter the same or shorter than the stock unit?

And you know...you are getting me in so much trouble...everytime you get something for your car....I want it to. If I keep this up...I am going to be divorced.....and I'm not even married yet!!!

Later,
LannyL81

Lanny,

:L That's how I got started on modding my car....this Da*n forum. :L
Every time I'd hear about somebody's new mod it would wear on me until I had to have it. My car would probably be stock if it weren't for the CAC. To be honest though, I've gotten some great tips and my car is far the better because of it. It's an addiction man, roll w/ it! ;)

The B&M is considerably shorter than the stock shifter. If you're ever up in Phx. give me a call @ 480-229-8189 (I live in the Ahwatukee Foothills right off of I-10 as you enter Phx from the south) and you can check it out for yourself. I'm in the process of re-doing & updating my webpage so that my car is shown in it's current state. I'm also adding a new sound clip w/ the longtubes as my car sounds completely different. Hang tight, it should be up soon.

Cya,
Jeff :w

Jeff,

When you ad the new sound clip can you leave the old one on your site so we can listen to the difference. Thanks Adam

Larry's Yellow Rdstr said:
Personally I use Exlax for my BMs.
Exlax Cleans Like a White Tornado!!;LOL ;LOL ;LOL :rotfl junk!!

I installed a B&M about three years ago and love it but until I got accustom to it I did miss not haven the reverse lockout. One time when shifting from 5th to 6 gear I tried to put it into reverse. :crazy

jefnlsa,
it sure is addictive isnt it?
i know exactly what you mean mate!
most of my pay goes to paying the car off and the rest goes on new goodys, new parts ,aftermarket accesroires!
i love getting new parts in the mail, nothing better!
its like christmas all the time,hey!
cheers
glen
sxyvet

JEFNLSA said:
Lanny,

:L That's how I got started on modding my car....this Da*n forum. :L
Every time I'd hear about somebody's new mod it would wear on me until I had to have it. My car would probably be stock if it weren't for the CAC. To be honest though, I've gotten some great tips and my car is far the better because of it. It's an addiction man, roll w/ it! ;)

The B&M is considerably shorter than the stock shifter. If you're ever up in Phx. give me a call @ 480-229-8189 (I live in the Ahwatukee Foothills right off of I-10 as you enter Phx from the south) and you can check it out for yourself. I'm in the process of re-doing & updating my webpage so that my car is shown in it's current state. I'm also adding a new sound clip w/ the longtubes as my car sounds completely different. Hang tight, it should be up soon.

Jeff,
Thanks for the invite...will take you up on it next time heading to Phx. Told my wife-to-be about the invitation...she told me that I am not allowed to go without her....something about reminding me that there are other things that require funding.
But between you and me....MagnaFlows will be here on Jan 12....have not told her about them...have to beat her home from work that day and get the boxes in the garage.
Back to the B&M shifter....could you measure the length of the B&M shifter with the car in netural from the shifter console to the top of the HURST knob. I know...alot to ask...but inquiring minds need to know. No hurry....now is fine!!!...LOL...

Later,
Lanny

soggytaco said:
Jeff,

When you ad the new sound clip can you leave the old one on your site so we can listen to the difference. Thanks Adam

Good idea Adam, glad you thought of it. ;)

6 Shooter said:
Don't hold ur breath! ;)

SMARTA$$! :L

I'm not the computer guru that you are therefore I have to wait until my guru has the time to do it for me. Not to mention, my guru is the only one who can make changes to my page cuz it is actually a link through her website. Actually I should thank you cuz it was your prodding that lit a fire under me to get my first page up, so keep up the prodding. ;)

sxyvet said:
jefnlsa,
it sure is addictive isnt it?
i know exactly what you mean mate!
most of my pay goes to paying the car off and the rest goes on new goodys, new parts ,aftermarket accesroires!
i love getting new parts in the mail, nothing better!
its like christmas all the time,hey!
cheers
glen
sxyvet

Glen,

Nothing like watching your car come together the way you want it to. Year round Xmas, I hear ya' man!

Jeff :w

LannyL81 said:
Thanks for the invite...will take you up on it next time heading to Phx. Told my wife-to-be about the invitation...she told me that I am not allowed to go without her....something about reminding me that there are other things that require funding.
But between you and me....MagnaFlows will be here on Jan 12....have not told her about them...have to beat her home from work that day and get the boxes in the garage.
Back to the B&M shifter....could you measure the length of the B&M shifter with the car in netural from the shifter console to the top of the HURST knob. I know...alot to ask...but inquiring minds need to know. No hurry....now is fine!!!...LOL...

Later,
Lanny

Exactly 5" from console to top of shift knob when in neutral. What is it stock?

btw...Good luck on the incognito exhaust acquisition.
If she can't hear the difference - and she will - she'll definitely see those shiny new pipes out the back. Man, I went through the exact same thing w/ Lisa when I first got my car. We weren't married yet either. Just start slowly w/ the mods and try and make sense to her that the car needs these things.
She''ll probably never share your enthusiasm BUT she will slowly start to come around. I thought Lisa was gonna s**t when she heard the car w/ the new headers but she actually kinda likes it. The old Lisa would've blown a cork! :W
Marriage has actually agreed w/ us. It shows that I am committed to both my girls. :L

JEFNLSA said:
Exactly 5" from console to top of shift knob when in neutral. What is it stock?

btw...Good luck on the incognito exhaust acquisition.
If she can't hear the difference - and she will - she'll definitely see those shiny new pipes out the back. Man, I went through the exact same thing w/ Lisa when I first got my car. We weren't married yet either. Just start slowly w/ the mods and try and make sense to her that the car needs these things.
She''ll probably never share your enthusiasm BUT she will slowly start to come around. I thought Lisa was gonna s**t when she heard the car w/ the new headers but she actually kinda likes it. The old Lisa would've blown a cork! :W

Marriage has actually agreed w/ us. It shows that I am committed to both my girls. :L

Stock is 6 1/4" at the front towards the dash, about 6" at the rear. What a difference.

I'm going to try to blame the "need" for the MagnaFlows on my daughter. She says, "it just doesn't sound like a Corvette should." Wonder if she'll buy that line....

Oh and if I were to ask Lisa ......I'm sure she would agree that you need to be committed!!!!!

LOL......

Later,
Lanny

LannyL81 said:
Stock is 6 1/4" at the front towards the dash, about 6" at the rear. What a difference.

I'm going to try to blame the "need" for the MagnaFlows on my daughter. She says, "it just doesn't sound like a Corvette should." Wonder if she'll buy that line....

Oh and if I were to ask Lisa ......I'm sure she would agree that you need to be committed!!!!!

LOL......

Later,
Lanny

:L

The real difference is in the throws hence the name short throw.

btw...Your daughter will love the sound w/ the Magnaflows. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom