Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Captain blinked

Hib Halverson

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
Corvette
71 04 12 19
Came over the WSJ wire a little bit ago...

Penske backed out of the Saturn deal with GM.

Reason given is uncertainty about a supply of GM-manufactured product to sell.

Whoa.

Wow!!!
I have a novel idea ..... why doesnt GM sell Saturns themselves!!!!
Under the Penske plan GM would supply Saturns for Penske to sell in addition to Renaults and some Chinese cars.
Hell I could buy Saturn have GM make the cars and do all the promotions and I could collect the gravy.
I am sure that I could be financed by GM to buy Saturn. Now where could I find some Saturn dealers to help me???

Wow!!!
I have a novel idea ..... why doesnt GM sell Saturns themselves!!!!
Under the Penske plan GM would supply Saturns for Penske to sell in addition to Renaults and some Chinese cars.
Hell I could buy Saturn have GM make the cars and do all the promotions and I could collect the gravy.
I am sure that I could be financed by GM to buy Saturn. Now where could I find some Saturn dealers to help me???

Well this isn't gonna help out whats left of the umbrella of cars lines left of the General. And as a taxpayer, I'm afraid this is another lost cause. Get out your checkbooks folks ! ;help

(snip)I'm afraid this is another lost cause. Get out your checkbooks folks ! ;help

Read the story in today's WSJ about "Motors Liquidation" which is what's left of the "Old GM".

We taxpayers will probably never see any significant part of the money loaned to GM.

About all you can do is invest money in Ford (the only remaining American car company that's not a government-funded jobs program for the UAW) and hope you can make-up your share of the Federal bailout of GM and Chrysler.;shrug

Bye bye saturn

Hib....
A great article. Follow the money!!!:hb
It gets worse every day!!:mad

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom