Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

the last 30 days of me and my vette

juggernaut

Corvette
1988 white coupe
Hi all, first I would like to thank everyone who has posted on this forum. Now for the details. Well I go out one day to it and see coolant on the ground. The radiator needs replacing so, my brother hooks me up with a new one for $132. Not too difficult just lots of screws and bolts, howerever I was amazed at how much CRAP was blocking the radiator. Had to clean all that stuff out of there. I also put in a 180degree thermostat and a temp switch that is supposed to turn on the fans at an earlier temp. Ok I put everything back together only to see the low coolant sensor leaks and so I had to replace that. Now she runs between 175 and 205 all the time. What a difference! A couple of days later my drivers window regulator and speaker die. I win one off ebay for a fraction of a new one($300). Since I have the door panel off I decide to rebuild the amp in the speaker. I rebuilt the amp in the passenger door first so I can get an idea of how to mess with the regulator on the drivers side. The amp rebuild is actually pretty simple and I rebuilt all 4 Bose amps and they sound very good. The instructions are at http://zr1netregistry.com/zr1_howto.htm. While replacing the regulator I put in new window holding felts. The most difficult part was getting the window to seal against the rubber after re-installing the glass. While I was waiting for parts and this and that I called http://performancepeddler.com and ordered a new Magnaflow Catback exhaust system. Man I love the sound of it. I'm glad I followed the advice of you guys on that one. I was surprised at the power increase. Some people say you can't feel the difference, but I can definately feel more power, not just more sound.
Thanks again to everyone, Mark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom