Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The sad end of a saga

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
About 5 years ago I was able to purchase the complete GM inventory of original side pipe exhaust mufflers. My original intention was to re-distribute, or resell them to Corvette enthusiasts like myself, so that a lot of hobbyist could have the befit of the original, and factory style look, and sound that these units are famous for.

However as everything changes, including our priorities, a few years back I had to sell off the complete inventory. Quite a few resellers, including " Pro-Team " contacted me, but I refused to sell them to anyone other then a hobbyist like myself so that more people could afford, and enjoy, the muffled sound that is only seen with these original pipes.

So they were all sold to a gentlemen out of Chicago by the name of C.S. since he had the intention, and the means to distribute them in a way I had intended to do. Sadly, the more things change, the more they are the same. They have now all been sold to a Corvette reseller and are now advertised for sale in the exact way that had hoped they would not be.

I guess my grandpa was right when he used to tell me the story about the " best laid plans of mice and men " :eyerole

Stepinwolf

Corvette
www.67HEAVEN.com
I'm glad I got to see them, first hand. :)

gmjunkie

Corvette
03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe
I remember the thread Now,I would'a sure liked a set of them for my 69!!:upthumbs

Corvette
I remember the thread Now,I would'a sure liked a set of them for my 69!!:upthumbs

I would have liked to see you get a set, but they would not have fit correctly.

Bob, I thought you had seen them when you came up the last time. :confused

Stepinwolf

SebringBill

Corvette
1957 #3143; 1997 #0993
Corvette
What do you mean by "hoped they would not be."?

Paul, I didn't want the whole load to end up with one of the Corvette resellers. When I sold them the buyer told me he would be offering them to people like ourselves through various Forums and user groups.

Stepinwolf

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Does this mean they will be sold at ridicules inflated prices....just because they are NOS.

If so that sucks..:mad

Corvette
Does this mean they will be sold at ridicules inflated prices....just because they are NOS.

If so that sucks..:mad

Mark, you got that right.

This is why in all my builds I am slowly shying away from the " original " crap with it's redicules pricing. BTW, the ad clearly states, " starting at 1500$ a set "

If that is the case, and they start at 1500$ I wonder where they will stop. :ugh

Paul, you should give them a call at 574 722-7272 and post the final pricing ( not the name of the business )

Stepinwolf

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
Mark, you got that right.

This is why in all my builds I am slowly shying away from the " original " crap with it's redicules pricing. BTW, the ad clearly states, " starting at 1500$ a set "

If that is the case, and they start at 1500$ I wonder where they will stop. :ugh

Paul, you should give them a call at 574 722-7272 and post the final pricing ( not the name of the business )

Stepinwolf

The way I see it is...if the buyer doesn't care about being NOS ...then people like Allen's and Sweet Thunder are going to get a lot more business..:D

Corvette
The way I see it is...if the buyer doesn't care about being NOS ...then people like Allen's and Sweet Thunder are going to get a lot more business..:D

Quite possible Mark but on the other hand, we most certainly won't see their mufflers priced anywhere close to 1500 + dollars$

Héll if they start producing more of them, one day they may get everything right and sell some that actually fit correctly. :L

Wouldn't that be a bÎtch,,,

Stepinwolf

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
Quite possible Mark but on the other hand, we most certainly won't see their mufflers priced anywhere close to 1500 + dollars$

Héll if they start producing more of them, one day they may get everything right and sell some that actually fit correctly. :L

Wouldn't that be a bÎtch,,,

Stepinwolf

That is my point... They Won't be selling them for $1500 each..:D.....Hence people will buy there's;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom