Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Single most redundant question of the day...

Corvette
1981 Corvette Spectramaster Blue
I have had my 81 for 5 years now, I have completely ripped the car apart, new engine, new paint, new almost everything it seems...anyway today it almost sounded like it was low on power steering fluid, so I pop the hood look everywhere and I cannot find the reservoir....

So my question where in the bleepidy bleep is the bleepin thing?? lol

Thanks,
John Dykstra

thanks...darn thing is bone dry like I was thinking...talk about being hidden...now I just have to figure out what the issue is as to why its dry...

John D.

Check the slave cylinder seals, also, the return line is thin and with time and the action of the hot oil can develope leaks around the clamps.

alright I will be looking, I peeked under the car and all the line directly beneath the resivoir were soaked and of course a big puddle to, so it looks like it came out really quick...

Very Quickly is very revealing, Me, I'd check the high pressure line and the return line at the pumps reservoir !

nix the very quickly, guess I was not paying total attention...I put some more fluid in turned the wheel a few times and sat under the car for 10 minutes and it turns out the leak is coming from the top of the control valve, I used some lucas stop leak so I hop that it will stop or it looks like a little project for me.

Well I don't want to be someone to throw a wet blanket, but nothing that comes in a can is gonna fix leaking seals. might hold for a few days but the leak is because the seals are worn out and the only fix is to replace the control unit with a rebuilt unit, Paragon Corvette carries rebuilt units I believe. good luck

Perfectly understandable, have a nice holiday and enjoy your drive.;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom