Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The're like belly buttons

MCMLVII

Corvette
BLACK 57, blu 15 vert
It seems that everyone has one. I have seen at least 10 C-6's on the road so far.

Yesterday I saw the convertible. It was a little disappointing. The top was up. The car was white with a black top and the five spoke wheels were black. This may have had an influance on the look.

I have seen this car twice. From the front it looks good, but from the side it just doesn't look very well balanced. The top also looks bumpy.

I am a convertible fan and think that "coupes are for chickens" but in this case, along with the SWC, I prefer the hard top.

Top down it should be fine.

MCMLVII said:
It seems that everyone has one. I have seen at least 10 C-6's on the road so far..
Bob - I noticed you list your location as "proving grounds". Where exactly is that?

Remo:cool

I cant wait to see one in person. I have to wait until Nov if I am lucky

Bob,

I guess the "proving grounds" in Milford have no direct bearing on why you see so many new C6's buzzing around town. Or does it?

Bryan,

Not to worry. The president is calling up more troops and you'll be able to ge home November. By then there will probably be one or two new C6's buzzing around you home town. Be safe - God speed.

Your Quote

"Coupes are for chickens"

An interesting, if not strange remark.....?? What on earth does your preference for a particular body style have to do with your courage or mental prowess? Both body types have their advantages and disadvantages........ We love our 92' roadster and wouldn't trade her for the world, but there are many times we wish we had coupe. Its better for long trips, its quieter, and the sound sytem is DRAMATICALLY better. Both types are hot performers......

jazzlove:eyerole

This chicken loves his coupe.

After sowing my oats out the open top of all the first five of my Corvettes, (they were all convertibles then), my wings don't work like they used to. If I do get them up I can't get them down without allot of noise and pain. The flailing and flying days are over and bursitis takes over where common sense could have been used. Enjoy the convertibles, I did, and Medicare don't care how you screwed up your body.

Save the wave, or head nod in my case. :w

jazzlove said:
"Coupes are for chickens"

An interesting, if not strange remark.....?? What on earth does your preference for a particular body style have to do with your courage or mental prowess?
Our friend is not the first to use this phrase. The chuckle is supposed to be a reference to "chicken coupes", but the reality is they're really just jealous of the beautiful lines of the coupe. :D

compare-2-stock.jpg

Mine's on the bottom.

Remo said:
Bob,

I guess the "proving grounds" in Milford have no direct bearing on why you see so many new C6's buzzing around town. Or does it?

Bryan,

Not to worry. The president is calling up more troops and you'll be able to ge home November. By then there will probably be one or two new C6's buzzing around you home town. Be safe - God speed.

Yes it does.

My route to the office is in the opposite direction of the traffic flow into the Milford proving grounds. In the morning I see all the cars entering, in the evening, all the cars exiting. You might call it a target rich enviroment. See a lot of neat stuff.

Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom