Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

There should be a law against this.....

Looks like a solid car without looking under it .... With a few thousand dollars worth of removal , it could be a Corvette again.

it's not MY cup of tea but I have no problem with it. Somebody that is more into customs may very well like it a lot and may have just found their dream car.

Everyones taste is different and he may look at your car and say that he hates it because it's all stock (I don't really know if yours is or isn't, i'm making a point) and where is the appeal since yours is like thousands of others and they are all the same.

if it made him happy to build the car like and enjoy the car that way than than more power to him and if he finds a buyer that loves what he's done to it than even more power to him.

by buddy has a '79 that is a Greenwood Daytona clone and is very customised and he just LOVES the car because of that. It's what makes him happy and since it's his car and his money who is to say that he is wrong?same thing here.

:)

Yikes!

Oh, boy-where do I start. LOVE the carpeted T-tops and dash...:eyerole

And you can see where the care and detail that went into the bodywork and paint also translated nicely to the engine compartment as well...:ugh

Gee, what a waste of what was probably a perfectly good '73. Shame. :crazy

I will agree with Barry, however. If it's your money and your car, do what you will. My opinion-upgrade the engine to go with the looks (and lose the wing).

Rick
:w

I've seen much worse. It has some nice elements but still not quite my cup of tea.

-Mac

a wise old sage once said "that's why they make chocolate and vanilla".
i agree that each to his own. personally, i'm more into originality and reasonable correctness, but i can also appreciate those that have been customized to a particular owner's tastes. in this case, not my cup of tea either as someone already said, but obviously the man with the money put it together to his liking.

steve

I prefer the original styling myself, big spoilers just don't look right on a Vette.
When I see these cars for sale at shows I'm always thinking "thats going to cost a lot of $$$ to fix".
At least we have freedom of expression to be able to enjoy our cars as we see fit.
As for the Corvette Summer car I think someone was inhaling too much resin fumes!:ugh

I definitely would not do that to my Corvette.

And I think you can't do that to Corvettes anymore because it is illegal. This one is grandfathered in.

Though this could be a great sleeper. It screams "I think I'm fast". With four or five hundred HP under the hood this car could be a lot of fun as it would really be fast. All sorts of unsuspecting cars would be defeated and the look would add insult to injury.

To each their own...

I do things to my vette to make me happy.Im sure this one made someone happy somewhere....not my cup of tea, but i guess if you need more than one spoiler on the back , GO FOR IT!!;)
Chas

This is a nice looking vette...As everyone has said, to each hs own.....Been nice to have a 454 4 speed..But, that can always be swapped out...

Theirs room in this hobby for everyone.....stock, modified, custom, NCRS all of us.........although from time to time, i get HAMMERED for having a Widebody Greenwood. I've developed thick skin (LOL)

Thanks for posting the Pic...Appreciate!!

Andy

Andy
I know you have been hammered may times on here and the other forum for having a customised car but your car is nice and as you say there is more than enough room in this hody for ALL interests.

And i'll add that whether you like custom vettes or not......... no matter what show Andy takes his Greenwood to I never see another car with bigger crowds around it admiring the car than at Andy's car. Even the NCRS purists come over to check it out.
I've learned to park FAR away from him at shows with my '65 because if i'm close to his car I migt as well be driving and showing a Yugo for all anyone cares and most of the time a Midyear car will get a fair amount of attention but not if Andy is there! ;LOL

Thanks Barry...appreciate your kind words...

BarryK said:
Andy
I know you have been hammered may times on here and the other forum for having a customised car but your car is nice and as you say there is more than enough room in this hody for ALL interests.

And i'll add that whether you like custom vettes or not......... no matter what show Andy takes his Greenwood to I never see another car with bigger crowds around it admiring the car than at Andy's car. Even the NCRS purists come over to check it out.
I've learned to park FAR away from him at shows with my '65 because if i'm close to his car I migt as well be driving and showing a Yugo for all anyone cares and most of the time a Midyear car will get a fair amount of attention but not if Andy is there! ;LOL

Andy said:
This is a nice looking vette...As everyone has said, to each hs own.....Been nice to have a 454 4 speed..But, that can always be swapped out...

Theirs room in this hobby for everyone.....stock, modified, custom, NCRS all of us.........although from time to time, i get HAMMERED for having a Widebody Greenwood. I've developed thick skin (LOL)

Thanks for posting the Pic...Appreciate!!

Andy

Now I like your car Andy...love the widebody.....I do like the flares on the red one.........I agree there is room for everyone.....:upthumbs

not sure if this will work or notand i know i'll get a big red X to try to view it myself but it MIGHT work for everyone else

here is a pic of Andy's car at a show last year

page69-1035-full.jpg

EDIT: Like that, Barry? ;)

is it showing up, i can't see ANYTHING.

the site is hosted on my own computer and the router doesn't support loopback so I can't view anything from the public IP address that i need to post. I can only view the site from my internal network IP address.

If it's working, great. if not......sorry!

Yep-it's there. Looks fine-nice car, Andy. Did you do the Lambo doors?

I'll agree that these Customs (Kustoms?) are not for everyone, but as they say "Dare to be Different". Myself, I'm a car crazy kind of guy, I can appreciate most anything, and that's what it's about-the hobby, and mutual respect and appreciation, whether it's NCRS or "Corvette Summer". I don't care for the e-bay car, because it's not "complete". It needs more motor to back up the "look". Fatter wheels and tires would help, too. My 2% of a buck. :)

Rick
:w

Barry..the PIC is Fine.......

Everyone...Barrys website is comprehensive..take a peek...he has many useful tidbits as well as some cool pics....

Andy

BarryK said:
is it showing up, i can't see ANYTHING.

the site is hosted on my own computer and the router doesn't support loopback so I can't view anything from the public IP address that i need to post. I can only view the site from my internal network IP address.

If it's working, great. if not......sorry!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom