Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thermomaster

C

c4ever

I've just installed the stage ll chip and do notice quite a difference in performance BUT , I'm getting excessive ping on open throttle and even at 3/4 throttle. She's fine when I punch it at 70 or 80 (real fine) . I'm aware this unit recommends a 160 stat and I have it on order. Has anyone experienced this and will the 160 eliminate the problem. I always use a 93 octane so that's not an issue. Also, will driving with this problem short term cause any permenent damage.
By the way you're right, MY NECK IS KILLING ME!:bash

C

c4ever

Ken
I did read through it but didn't see the issue I was having. I did take her out tonight ,It was cool in Fla. tonight and she ran like a champ. I also noticed my air filter cover was somewhat loose, I tightened it up, don't know if that contributed but I think when I get the 160 installed it'll work out.

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
I'm glad to hear that you are one of those that found they received a benefit from something they purchased with their hard-earned wages and felt a noticeable difference. :upthumbs

You mentioned the air filter cover; have you tried an opened-up lid and a K&N or other low restriction air filter from one of our listings in the Portal? The air filter/open box combo is guaranteed to give you a few extra ponies. ;)

_ken

C

c4ever

I,ve got the K&N but not the box. I,ve been looking at air foil and different boxes. Members have posted both pros and cons.:confused
It's probably only a matter of time. And I,m still looking for that Shark:cool
Only so much $$$ to go around.
By the way, thanks to all for the help on the shark thing:w

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Save yourself a few bucks by NOT purchasing the "air foil", it's not going to do you any good except at WOT and even that is only a marginal gain. ;)

_ken

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom